School Work

aom

Reaction score
Is anyone else mobbed out with school work during the holidays? A double edged sword for me, the down side we will be running around like headless chickens in the run up to our annual shut down, but on the bright side the yard is going to be empty for another holiday period which is always the goal.

haha, I have. Got to organise ferries, digs and an artic as some of it is on the Islands.

Annual shutdown,ffs,lookout blackpool:laugh::laugh:

Normally we do quite a few,but this year there's none on the horizon,must be down to localized budgets.

Last edited:
haha, very fekin funny. The Mrs can't go anywhere this time so will have to sit in the house for a week and maybe the second week at college doing the pttls so Blackpool is safe for another year. Black eye Friday should be good though.;)

its the donkeys ont beach i feel for aom will be trying to load all his lads on 1 trying to save some cash while thinking its his rig and wants it loads so it bouncing and forgetting the poor larl things been walkign abwt all friging day and its not his ihab lol :laugh:

All the fekin comedians are out tonight eh. Might have given me an idea though.:idea:

Normally we do quite a few,but this year there's none on the horizon,must be down to localized budgets.

There was quite a push on new schools round here just as the recession bit and it came to a grinding hault as quick as it started. It did mean there is still a lot of smaller provincial schools in dire need of repair. Every cloud.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Has the schools closed south of the border yet?

Looks like the annual shut down is going to be postponed this year, first time ever we will fail to meet our targets before the holidays. Thankfully I have a good squad that could make other arrangements.

I laughed when Numbnuts I think it was, who described someone as High Viz fuk witt. Does anyone know the exact regulation regarding the use of High Visibility Vests. I know on a decent size site, it's up to the manager or agent but in the absence of anyone else on site with no traffic or machine movements and an enclosed existing fence, surely we must be able to work vest free?

Looks like the annual shut down is going to be postponed this year, first time ever we will fail to meet our targets before the holidays. Thankfully I have a good squad that could make other arrangements.

I laughed when Numbnuts I think it was, who described someone as High Viz fuk witt. Does anyone know the exact regulation regarding the use of High Visibility Vests. I know on a decent size site, it's up to the manager or agent but in the absence of anyone else on site with no traffic or machine movements and an enclosed existing fence, surely we must be able to work vest free?

I could fill in for a couple of weeks if you are shorthanded aom? You will need to pay flights and digs though??
As for the hi-vis I dont think its a requirement if no machinery or craneage is present. in Australia seems the whole work force wears hi-vis clothing as standard so takes away any problems.

We do as well but it's got to the ridiculous stage where no one knows when they are a requirement. Not worth getting into a rammy or anything but annoying all the same.

Digs are not a problem HSWT, travel may prove a tad more difficult. Can you get a P&O from where you are?

We do as well but it's got to the ridiculous stage where no one knows when they are a requirement. Not worth getting into a rammy or anything but annoying all the same.

Digs are not a problem HSWT, travel may prove a tad more difficult. Can you get a P&O from where you are?

No but Emirates do a very reasonable return business class ticket on the A380.I am available if you are keen?

Top Bottom