scaff's is this you?

Is this in English as i dont understand what they are saying ?

Scaff :
Someone who does not enjoy spending their own money and tries to get money or goods off of other people.

Can be used as a noun or a verb. As an adjective it is 'scaffy'.
Verb: "Maw, gonna let us scaff twen'y poun'?"
Noun: "Haw you, ya scaff!"
Adjective: "That's pure scaffy, stealin' a wee boy's bike."

Noun :
(1)a person whose appearance is down-at-heel possibly wearing a tracksuit and/or brightly coloured baseball cap at a ridiculously steep angle.

(2) A friendly informal name between friends.

(3) A person who attempts to obtain an item for free or at a discount.

verb :
(1)to do very little.
(2)to obtain something by subterfuge or for free.

Also:

Scaffy - To resemble a scaff.
Example of usage(2) :"Alright scaff, did ye get ma mars bar?"

Example of usage(3):"Naw, ah'm no buying ye a fuckin mars bar, ya scaff"

Example of verb (1) : "Ah jist scaffed about in the house aw day"

Example of verb usage (2): "Ah pure scaffed a mars bar aff him"

Scaffy : "Ah've no shaved and ah jist flung these auld trackies oan - I look pure scaffy."

3. Scaff
a "person" who is in desperate need of a wash. They tend to be very dirty and smelly. They think drugs are the only way forward and have no hope in life.
david ritchie is the biggest scaff in the world

I think that scaff is used as a slang to describe a paraffin lamp in the very North of Scotland, highland league stuff.:amuse:

the word scaff or scaffy is being used in the wrong contaxt here.
i wouldnt bother purchasing this urban dictionary as it is obviously very ill informed and full of ****.
the language used seems to be glasgow scots dialect but being a glaswegian,and a scaff ive never heard this crap before

Used more up north daftscaff. Worked with painters off-shore from Wick who would always snigger every time I would mention the word scaffy like wee school boys. They reckoned it was akin to a rag and bone man.

Last edited:
seems quiet true guys !!!

postage stamp

Top Bottom