Scaffolding offshore?

connagh92

Reaction score
Hello
I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I am just about to start an apprenticeship in scaffolding and my main aspiration is to eventually go offshore.

What would I need to gain an advantage in employment and what's the average rates of pay in the North Sea?

If somebody could give me some details is appreciate it :)

If you are just about to start your apprenticeship Connagh then you have a bit to go before you should be too worried about getting out there. Do your time then try and get some yard work to gain the right experience. There are plenty young boys out there but to be honest, they will have good family connections. If you are anything like I was, you will need to make your own.

Glad your setting your targets high there pal, but as al says you need to start at the bottom, listen and learn to what your told and taught. Gain the right experiance the right way and whatever you do dont come of your apprentaship thinking your billy king scaff cos you'll get shot down and you'll lose alot of respect from the scaffs.
All the best connagh and welcome to the forum

learn to walk before you can run.
there are many aspects of scaffolding which need to be mastered and offshore isnt always for everyone.
all the best ;)

If you are just about to start your apprenticeship Connagh then you have a bit to go before you should be too worried about getting out there. Do your time then try and get some yard work to gain the right experience. There are plenty young boys out there but to be honest, they will have good family connections. If you are anything like I was, you will need to make your own.

Spot on there Alastair. There are a lot of youngsters offshore whose old men are also still offshore.

With connections or not, most companies require time served operatives. Get a good few years under your belt buddy.

i agree you need to get a bit of experiance under yourbelt first, Connagh. but dont be put off trying to get offshore by anybody. i didnt know anyone offshore when i first started, so its not always a case of who you know....
all the best lad, and remember follow the rules, not the tw@ts*!

Top Bottom