Scaffolding of 4 to 8 meters

smitheye

Reaction score
hi i just arrive on site and saw a scaffold that is already erected its around 4 to 8 meters tall and its lentgh is around more then 50 meter my worry is on the one end or conner the civil guys start digging under neath the baseplates or support and remove the base plates and just leave it like it is
Is this ok because the Safety guy told me its not a problem but any person can see if you move a foot piece of something it will colapse.
Any idea what to do?

omg are you for real the bloke should be sacked and as for how to fix the problem firstly pull the tag then ring the scaffold firm for some beams to insert into the job tell them you want 4 8m beams the sit them ontop of the hand rail making sure you have enough room to get both sets in one on top of the other ie run them along both set of standards and check them with doubles on the top so they do not drop at 1 end hope this help ps if there is a return on the job do the same there linking then together and the ring the hse and report the bloke ffs

Site Supervision!!!!!!!

First go and thro a few fecks into the site manager
then get him to take away the ladders, so no one can access the scaffold and as suggested ring the scaffolders
finally ask the ground workers not to do anything so stupid again:eek:

would agree with all of that above - take action asap before something happens !!

phone the scaffolders mate asap. Do phone HSE and let us no there response time and what they are going to do about it.. I bet they dont get out the office today ?Though if it fell over, they got to come..

First off if you have the authority call anyone on the scaffold down, pull the tag, stop the digging. Ask the safety guy what qualifications he has for scaffold design, scaffold inspection, Call the scaffolding contractor to assess the problem and be guided by them as the competent people as to what should be done. When the problem is solved call the safety guy into your office and demand an explanation why he let that happen and form a judgement if or not he is competent. If you are not in a position of authority call the HSE and report your misgivings.

Surely there must be a beam or 2 on higher lifts which would be ok. The safety guy can't be that stupid. I would pull the tag tho until it can be inspected by a competent person.

And so it goes on....All the health and safety in the world aint gonna stop some thick paddy in a 360 digging his holes...even if it is under the scaffold...don't sound so shocked it happens every day.
Like I keep saying it aint us at fault its the idiots we are putting it up for who are...
A bricklayer with a scaffold spanner is like giving a monkey a machine gun...but they all got em....

this is the same HSE that makes scaffolders life a misery with their pedantic way of going on

pull the tag and slam the health and safety chap who told u it would b ok then ring the firm mate

And so it goes on....All the health and safety in the world aint gonna stop some thick paddy in a 360 digging his holes...even if it is under the scaffold...don't sound so shocked it happens every day.
Like I keep saying it aint us at fault its the idiots we are putting it up for who are...
A bricklayer with a scaffold spanner is like giving a monkey a machine gun...but they all got em....

Yep had one builder last friday say to me and I quote "leave a spanner with us mate then if anythings in our way we can move it" :wondering: reply "err NO!"

i saw a brickie on a carrilion site remove a handrail with his own spanner this morning . the jobs coming to an end and theres no money left on it so no one gives a fook . he wouldnt have dared afew month ago .does every one find this to be the case

its what suits mate , i had a builder who used to take what he needed from the scaffold to erect bits and pieces on his jobs , till i charged him 2 men 9 hours to make the scaffold safe so we could strike it :)

its what suits mate , i had a builder who used to take what he needed from the scaffold to erect bits and pieces on his jobs , till i charged him 2 men 9 hours to make the scaffold safe so we could strike it :)
Thats the way to do it, make em pay.

It happens all the time, these little building outfits have no qualms whatsoever with taking a spanner to a scaffold or digging under standards, We recently theatened to bring the factory inspector down to one site where the scaffold had been ripped to pieces by other trades, too tight to pay for a adaption so do it themselves, drives me effing insane!

done a scaffold on a large shopping centre development they used ladder beams a cross
2 steels as a canterliver to take 4 boards when i said about picking the centres up i was told it didnt need it as it would take so many tons then the chippies started to load there
wooden structures on ready for porring even more weight its a shame all this heath and safety they preach about never gets taken notice of only the pigs in a play centre for kids.

Give the HSE chap a big slap on the back,and ask him did he graduate from coco the clown school of health & safety with distingished honours. :)

The general rule is no hole is to be dug within 1 m Of the scaffold, unless the ground has been accessed by an engineer. No alterations to scaffold can be made unless by a trained & ticketed person, if this is not followed then pull the TAG & TAKE A PHOTO.

Ragscaff

Top Bottom