Scaffolding misses the old guard the old boys the originals

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score
Scaffolding misses the old guard the old boys the originals, fearless and tough it's all health and safety and wrapping trainees up in cotton wool, you need to be tough not fighting tough just tough to do this job the old boys taught us how,

now what's left........

The new lot......... RIP Old School Scaffs

It's hard to find old boys willing to take time to train us new boys up I'm only a part 1 but would love to get stuck in

Plenty old boys willing, just not allowed to.

There is plenty of quality young scaffs in London.
Dont know about the North though.

They must be 5000 on the job with **** you hear. The truth is 60 on days 70 on nights

there is still some of us old school left trouble is health and safety killed the game no crack no more

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

there is some of us old school left health and safety killed it no crack no more

Scouse is right you are not aloud to have fun through fear of losing your job or getting told off.

Ah scouse my sat nav is broken it keeps telling me Liverpools in Europe

come work wid me for a day that will have the memories flooding back and youll soon rember why the good old days are behind us and be pleased you'd be going back to you day job :laugh:

:sad2:i think its such a shame that experiance of the older guys seems to be 2nd to those of the novice 4 year in advanced ticket holders, how we ever managed without them and the guidance of the NASC amazes me :rolleyes:, i never realised that we had it sooo wrong when in the good old days an experianced charge hand could lead a gang of scaffs,and put up a job without the need of drwgs ,notes, guidance and fear of the HSE ...... but your right the crack has gone and in its place is arse covering and back stabbing

When i started scaffolding in the mid 80's we used to work off one board til we got to about the 4th lift then we went to two boards until about 6th lift then three boards until the top of the scaffold, access up and down the scaffold for us was always via the face brace and throwing fittings up to four or five lifts was often done. God i miss those days lol.

Loads still workin that way zorch. Was watching an indian crew erecting scaff for a tempory roof. Working off trannies ,no boards.

I've always worked off boards Frederik, although never used a harness even on hangers until i went into power stations 15 years ago.
Times-a-changin'

Its turning into a game for fairies
they wouldnt know a hard days graft if it kicked them in the erse
as said already all insurance and erse covering

Top Bottom