scaffolding gubbed

pellegrino

Reaction score
this game of ours is knackerd troops everyone paying peanuts paying off its leaving me pissed off

It's been knackered ever since they started making us put double guardrails in :D

Don't let them get you down Pelligrino, I do understand but tough all over at the moment and the good times will roll again. I take it all is quiet over the water?

Your not kidding pal I priced a job yesterday 2*4 lift towers with a set of beams over out house done a few jobs for the builder so kept it low said £400 he nearly spat his tea out and said some one man band had quoted £150 what pissed me off is he assumed I was trying to turn him over by charging £250 more I said the difference in price is due to me having public liability employees liability insurance + a wagon that's taxed mot'd insured and an operators licence plus me another scaff and a labourer all on wages not on benefits paying tax and national insurance I said if one man band has all them I'll do it for free it's getting to the stage now were we carnt compete with these cowboys

He was getting a deal at £400, let him get the cowboy's in they can't last long at that.

The thing is some of the bigger firms around here will price them at give away prices if they now the compertition have been there and make it up on other jobs just to try n put you out of work.

I told him he'll get what he pays for 3 boards wide 2 twelve ft lifts single handrail the works couple of token braces god knows what they'll use for beams I'm going to cruise by in next couple of days see what £150 gets you nowadays

Scaff's who think they can start a firm by giving customers prices they were paid for doing a job for a firm they work for.

A lot of the time were all on a hiding to nothing.

How can we compete with some one man band who's fiddling and who has the DSS benefits to fall back on when they're not so busy

The thing is some of the bigger firms around here will price them at give away prices if they now the compertition have been there and make it up on other jobs just to try n put you out of work.

All the major players did this in the early eighties and as you can see it hasnt worked

Top Bottom