Scaffolding companys going out of business

Pokerface

Reaction score
Dose anyone know (a gestimate) how many scaffold companys have gone out of business since the credit crunch started 2 years ago

Would be interesting to see how many have started up aswell.

there is a lot of small firms started up in London the last couple of years i think lads are out of work and think FU** it what have we got to loose

Scaffold hire

Well, it isn't a big surprise to observe hundrets of firms going bankrupt. First of all the financial crisis harms dozens of scaffolding companies and the whole building sector. Secondly, it becomes more and more popular to rent scaffolding systems on the internet. Erento for example is a good market place for scaffolding systems. It becomes easier to hire a scaffold than to engage a firm for this. Very expensive and unflexible.

:smile1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it isn't a big surprise to observe hundrets of firms going bankrupt. First of all the financial crisis harms dozens of scaffolding companies and the whole building sector. Secondly, it becomes more and more popular to rent scaffolding systems on the internet. Erento for example is a good market place for scaffolding systems. It becomes easier to hire a scaffold than to engage a firm for this. Very expensive and unflexible.

you only pay for what you get, ali towers = monkeys = cheap:)
scaffold = real steel= real men= highly skilled profesionals = NOT CHEAP:)

You are avin a giraffe, £100 a week for a cantilevered tower. I can be flexible and give it to you for a special forum price of £90.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
You are avin a giraffe, £100 a week for a cantilevered tower. I can be flexible and give it to you for a special forum price of £90.:D
There ya go again AOM undercutting, I was going to do it for £95.

Yeah I know Brandy, but as Rigger has already touched on, my cantilevers are more like diving boards hence the reduction.:eek:

For that price AOM in these hard times what do they expect. I was going to charge extra for the spur ups.

I heard the cantilever was sooo flexible Tom Daley was warming up on it for the Olympics!

Did you look at the site brandy? They are calling a normal 2.5m section a cantilever unless I'm missing something (a brain) they seem to be selling cheap nasty wee towers for top dollar then have the brass neck to come on here to try and say we can't be flexible. Babsi doll, your either looking for free advertising or some half wit in a tin suit has ripped you off, either way this place isn't for you.:cool:

AOM, just looked at the site now, nothing new on it, the stuffs been around for years, over produced, over priced, The DIY people could get the same on E BAY for a fraction of the price. Your right, waste of time adv it on here.

Did you look at the site brandy? They are calling a normal 2.5m section a cantilever unless I'm missing something (a brain) they seem to be selling cheap nasty wee towers for top dollar then have the brass neck to come on here to try and say we can't be flexible. Babsi doll, your either looking for free advertising or some half wit in a tin suit has ripped you off, either way this place isn't for you.:cool:

All true. The hire on alloy towers generally outweighs the cost of erecting a tubular scaffold if the job is up for more than a couple of weeks.

A cantilivered alloy tower would still need to be erected by an advanced pasma card holder too and as brandy also pointed out, these towers have been around for years.

I don't think they're anything for the scaffolding industry to worry about.

Hi Phill,
I wasn't particularly worried just a bit annoyed at the accusation.

Top Bottom