Scaffolding book ?

John 84

Reaction score
Just starting out in the Scaffolding , laboring. I'm learning on the job but I want to know more in my spare time. Is there any books out there that i can get to read ?

Cheers

Trawl through the older threads on the forum using the search tab theres a wealth of both experiance & bullshiiit that will keep u going for hours

Get out where ? I already got a job mate. There not one thing book there? Just thought as every other trade has millions of stuff written about them then scaffolding might too.

Loads of TG20, SG4 on youtube if you can stomach it.

Go for a walk around town & look at everyone's scaffolds. Then decide what's right & wrong, every scaffold has something wrong or could of been done better

Get out where ? I already got a job mate. There not one thing book there? Just thought as every other trade has millions of stuff written about them then scaffolding might too.

Did I miss something?

Books , shame Jasons has left as he probably wrote a few and would only be to happy to share them with you

There is john, but true scaffs cant read so we just put scaffolds up to suit, then get on the ground and say......yep that'll do...lol

Just starting out in the Scaffolding , laboring. I'm learning on the job but I want to know more in my spare time. Is there any books out there that i can get to read ?

Cheers

Eh lad, just watch the old timers, read them, learn. Thats the best way.

Read the texts on your phone whilst disregarding any directions given by the scaffolders. That's what most labourers do these days, in my experience.

Look for a book called "a guide to practical scaffolding". It's a bit out of date with the scaffold drawings in it but the general thing is about how to be more efficient and still a lot of use full information in, e.g how to store materials, how do some rope hitch's + more

fooking hell just seen the price of it on amazon £30 odd quid wish I still kept the copy I had from about 2001

Last edited:
ive wrote a book called "Scaffolding made easy" its in all good bookshops ebay amazon etc

Scaffolding made easy. . . Become a recruitment consultant eh, cozzy? lol

It certainly makes the scaffolding side of things easier.

lol.thats Bobbies avatar. "get out there you c..." good luck anyway.

Confessions of a Scaffolder - Movie to be released from PHLIPS STUDIOS IN 2014 Contact the movie director (Spanneriski)for more details.

Sequel to Hitler carry ons.
Filmed at several locations and rumour has it already been nominated for oscar award during preview by selected members

im not being funny mate but u cant learn to scaffold out of a book.carry on what u r doing learning on the job,if the firm u r workin for r any good they should send u to do your tickets usually when the hands you are working with think u r ready.

Top Bottom