Scaffolding Association. Anyone heard owt yet??

copperknackers

Reaction score
Chaps, has anyone heard anything about the scaffolding association, or more importantly does anyone know how to get some information about joining. Been emailing them for a few months but have not heard owt for a while now.

Chaps, has anyone heard anything about the scaffolding association, or more importantly does anyone know how to get some information about joining. Been emailing them for a few months but have not heard owt for a while now.

Why do you want to join an orginisation you know nothing about, mate?

Thought that was what he meant? Heard of the Football association but not the Scaffolding one.
Must use google more!!

Yeah quite a nice little website the fella has done.

Doesn't seem to be too keen on promoting it though, or maybe I've missed something?

Are they a secret society also?

Why do you want to join an orginisation you know nothing about, mate?

Didn't say i didn't know anything about it, simply asked if anyone had heard about it. The web site seems to be not working at the moment and have been struggling to get any feedback from them. It seems to be a viable alternative to the NASC. The SCCR and ANSC are a good idea but them seem to be struggling to get the recognition or people would be asking for them, this other lot seem to have backing from the HSE, i may be wrong (usually am!!). They already have had meetings with the HSE and are offering similar benefits to the NASC i.e training and eventually guidance notes but have a less than closed shop application criteria. We are only a small firm and have not been trading that long in comparison with most and i'll try owt to stand out from the crowd and ultimately bring some work in. If that means trying to acquire some accreditation or affiliations that are recognised then it's worth a do. For instance NASC want at least 2 years audited accounts, can't provide this, not been trading that long. The SA don't, membership criteria is based on competence and compliance not the size of the bung. And the initial and continual auditing sounds a far better option than what the NASC do. Everyones seen some of the firms that are on the NASC and some of there jobs are FOOOKIN W4NK. So there "continual" auditing can't be up to much! Proud of my firm and the way we're going just trying to better us for the long term. Anyway, need to stop with the waffling, forgot what point i was trying to make now..:D

oh yeh congrats on the 2000 phil!

Didn't say i didn't know anything about it, simply asked if anyone had heard about it. The web site seems to be not working at the moment and have been struggling to get any feedback from them. It seems to be a viable alternative to the NASC. The SCCR and ANSC are a good idea but them seem to be struggling to get the recognition or people would be asking for them, this other lot seem to have backing from the HSE, i may be wrong (usually am!!). They already have had meetings with the HSE and are offering similar benefits to the NASC i.e training and eventually guidance notes but have a less than closed shop application criteria. We are only a small firm and have not been trading that long in comparison with most and i'll try owt to stand out from the crowd and ultimately bring some work in. If that means trying to acquire some accreditation or affiliations that are recognised then it's worth a do. For instance NASC want at least 2 years audited accounts, can't provide this, not been trading that long. The SA don't, membership criteria is based on competence and compliance not the size of the bung. And the initial and continual auditing sounds a far better option than what the NASC do. Everyones seen some of the firms that are on the NASC and some of there jobs are FOOOKIN W4NK. So there "continual" auditing can't be up to much! Proud of my firm and the way we're going just trying to better us for the long term. Anyway, need to stop with the waffling, forgot what point i was trying to make now..:D

oh yeh congrats on the 2000 phil!

Coppernackers,

The SCCR has the support of and holds regular meetings with the HSE and everything else you just mentioned.
I assume you are not a member or visited our website?

Well done on the 2k Pip!!

The SCCR has attended a few meetings with the HSE, we raise issues within the industry to them. The SCCR is young but is expanding and getting some recognition. There is a lot we wish to achieve.

I don't think we can be compared to NASC, no offence meant to them.

Your assumptions are almost correct Mr Swifty.
I'm not a member, but i will be getting in touch with stuart tomorrow to have a natter to see what the script is.
Didn't want to cause offence but as i said, i'm normally wrong.
Small firm just wanting to spend time and money with an acredition or such that is going to be recognised elsewhere other than within our imperious industry. i'll try and speak to him tomorrow

Last edited:
Top Bottom