Scaffolders politics

frederik

Reaction score
Scaffolders politics
What makes you tick?
What annoys you enough to stand up and speak out?
Does fear of cutting replies,stop you from posting your views?
Theres enough topics to comment on,showing hundreds of views
but relatively few comments.

Do you care about your industry for example?
One thread started by Damo/Dass the "step thing" has not had too many people on a huge forum bothering to fill out the poll.
IMHO.On this topic alone,you are all missing the point.
Not whether you like it or not!! Not whether its good bad indifferent.
Most say no,some say you get use to it,some dont comment.
I personally feel you should vote against anything thats dumped on you.WITHOUT CONSULTATION.
There are so many other issues that need resolving.
Whose going to change it?
If you dont speak up,you will forever be put on.

Scaffolders dont stick together, at all.
I guess that many come on this Forum, but only post when THEY need something.

Like Scaffolders you work with...
How many have your actual phone number? and how many take the time to ring you?
Most only ring you when they need a job, or want info or when THEY need something.

I have had the same mobile phone number for about 10 years and spoken to/given the number to hundreds and hundreds of Scaff's and how many ring me? - 10? maybe...

This Forum shows why this game is f.ucked.
Many join it, many read it, many use it to get what they want... few actually take the time to post or be a real constructive part of it.

People are the same on site.

When we all stick together, is when we will ALL benefit and all do well in this game.

frederik

a passionate plea i applaud you for your views.

however the lack of comments by many people especially on things like the steps show that most people are not that bothered.

many use the forum to look for employment or advice on technical aspects.

difficult to see how to change this.

theres a guy who was on the forum right at the start fell away for over a year i would say and hey presto hes just appeared back and looking for work.

then you have guys working in the otherside of the world on regularly with loads of help and advise,i suppose its horses for courses.
i personally have started to become a wee bit disgruntled with the forum of late but there is still some cracking banter and i do like a good wind up and moan.
AS FOR POLITICS DONT GET ME STARTED,DID THE JIHAD BRIGADE ACTUALLY TRY TO DISRUPT THE REMEMBERANCE SUNDAY COMMEMORATIONS,on nights and just up

Rememberence Sunday Is Next Week Buddy, The 13th Of November Please Dont Get Me Started About The Ruddy Ragheads.

Scaffolders dont stick together, at all.
I guess that many come on this Forum, but only post when THEY need something.

Like Scaffolders you work with...
How many have your actual phone number? and how many take the time to ring you?
Most only ring you when they need a job, or want info or when THEY need something.

I have had the same mobile phone number for about 10 years and spoken to/given the number to hundreds and hundreds of Scaff's and how many ring me? - 10? maybe...

This Forum shows why this game is f.ucked.
Many join it, many read it, many use it to get what they want... few actually take the time to post or be a real constructive part of it.

People are the same on site.

When we all stick together, is when we will ALL benefit and all do well in this game.

very true jason with the telephones numbers like you say most never ring unless there in dire straights or need a job must admit been a bit naughty me self over the years think its the hectic life style we live now every bodys always up to there own thing but will say one thing any scaff thats worth hes weight ante short of work got a few blokes a start over the years some have done me proud some have made me look a right **** normally the lazy ones that lose interest once theve had a few weeks paye!!!!

Frederik
Scaffolders politics

What makes you tick?

Not a clue,I am a man of many facets,faults,and contradictions

What annoys you enough to stand up and speak out?

Injustice, bullying, unfair advatage

Does fear of cutting replies,stop you from posting your views?

NO

Theres enough topics to comment on,showing hundreds of views
but relatively few comments.
Do you care about your industry for example?

YES... and the people that work in it

One thread started by Damo/Dass the "step thing" has not had too many people on a huge forum bothering to fill out the poll.
IMHO.On this topic alone,you are all missing the point.
Not whether you like it or not!! Not whether its good bad indifferent.
Most say no,some say you get use to it,some dont comment.

I have not posted much on this particular topic, As I have never had to use it (scaff step) and was more concerned with reading the views of those that had.I have observed others using it and think it is a piece of sh*t

I personally feel you should vote against anything thats dumped on you.WITHOUT CONSULTATION.

I have at various times in my career imposed decisions on my workforce,and for reasons of my own or others, have not consulted with them.So I cannot agree with you view

There are so many other issues that need resolving.
Whose going to change it?
If you dont speak up,you will forever be put on.

I do agree with you, that the working man has to get off his ar*e to change things,as no one else will.Some guys at Tolpudle figured this out a couple hundred years ago.
But I do not think that this Forum is the right tool to use to achieve results.The Forum is fine for a debate and exchange of views, until the loonies high-jack a thread and take us into the mire.No doubt it is of use to agencies filling thier jobs,and guy's looking for work or digs.The Technial advice is first class from the designers, H&S advisors, and trainers that still post on the forum

To make real change within the construction industry you need men with conviction and fire in the belly.Men like Ragscaff and all the others that have joined the SCCR,and even then it will be a hard slog, with many setbacks.Good Luck Lads

Thanks for your frank and honest views Rigger.
Yourself and Scotontour are probably right,that this forum s not the right place to discuss matters concerning their standing on working practise. I can see this by the lack of response to the questions.
In that case the next question is where?
Is Rome burning?? Fan the flame or put it out?

Ok.try this one.
Do you think there are too many training courses for wannabe scaff's?
On the basis that there seems to be not a lot of jobs available for scaffs.
A few hundred entering an industry each term,may result in flooding
with rates dropping further.

forever the optimist.:rolleyes:

"Do you think there are too many training courses for wannabe scaff's?
On the basis that there seems to be not a lot of jobs available for scaffs."

In a word YES

" A few hundred a year entering an industry each term,may result in flooding with rates dropping further."

Is this not the whole idea of supply and demand, flood your market with cheap labour,drive wages down.
Also if you can prove/train men in one "type" of scaffold system,and only allow him to erect that type of scaffold, you can pay a pittance.

To the guy that has all the tickets,you say sorry bud we have only priced for a kwick-form scaffolder @ £8 per hour,you cannot expect me to pay an advanced scaffolders rate of £16 for T&F qualifications you hold when I do not require those skills

There will be fewer and fewer top paid jobs in the future,as employers exploit the surplus of labour and take advantage of the divisional training that is now the norm.

My days on the spanner are gone,as is the scaffolding industry I worked in.

My trainng was all on the job,not in fecking classrooms, I did not pay for training or tickets.I earned my knowedge and respect from the men I worked with over the years.As a SCAFFOLDER I used all types of system,slung cradles,worked from bosuns chairs,erected jack ladders,slung scaffold with cranes,as well as all the normal jobs that can be erected with T&F

I worked hard,took a pride in every job I erected, and was paid very good wages for my labour.

the only reason i havnt answered to be totally honest is the fact i been smoking big rollie fags all weekend and i just havnt been able to summon up the energy to type an answer that big :eek:

the only reason i havnt answered to be totally honest is the fact i been smoking big rollie fags all weekend and i just havnt been able to summon up the energy to type an answer that big :eek:

as long as youve had a good weekend superscaff :laugh:

some folk like to talk others like to listen. I enjoy the forum , i dont post much and feel that its not a problem. I liked being in a squad with a talkative person, if they could sing even better. worked with George and Kenny on the Brae alpha, Kenny used to entertain me.Dont get me wrong, i put in by knowing how to build the jobs,

ahh rigger words of wisdom as always.
there may well be a flood in the market but i find that of the guys brought in there is generally quite a high drop out rate,mostly due to the kind of work we do and to the amount of hard toil that goes with it.
we will bounce back and the game will go on although maybe not as we all would hope but we have our part to play for us and those who follow

Top Bottom