• Jason Gibbs Guide to Scaffolding

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • HSWT Quality Scaffolders required Algeria

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flinty

Reaction score
I went for Jasons purely because that level of help is really why we are all here.

I vote for Jason for the shear doggedness perseverance and standing by his thoughts and deeds, commitment and self belief and the attitude of ( if you dont like it go feck herself )...

I vote for Jason for the shear doggedness perseverance and standing by his thoughts and deeds, commitment and self belief and the attitude of ( if you dont like it go feck herself )...

And that's why I did too!!!

Awww shucks... :embarrest:
Thanks fellas. I appreciate the comments. Took me donkies-years to do (ageeeeeeeeeeeeees) lol.

But... that Jason bloke is a tw.at... so i voted for Word Association! :D

Gibbs's thread was 2011, so doesn't count.

Either way, HSWT is the only chap worthy of this acolade. The Algeria fiasco was probably the most amusing event ever to occur on the forum and his imput caused me much further amusement.

I say vote HSWT.

bit dissapointing really , a thread from last year , (which at best is a couple of hours cutting and pasting) WORD ASS. , NAH.

It must have been a really boring year on forum if thats the 3 best threads.

couldnt vote for any of them.

Last edited:
Gibbs's thread was 2011, so doesn't count.

Either way, HSWT is the only chap worthy of this acolade. The Algeria fiasco was probably the most amusing event ever to occur on the forum and his imput caused me much further amusement.

I say vote HSWT.

Why thank you phil181.

So dark forces are at work behind the scenes of the forum awards? Trying to pass age old threads off as part of the current year.
I demand a stewards enquiry or even a royal comission (if they can do one for the newspapers they can do one for the SF).
I also demand that my vote which I used to vote for a rival be returned to me so I can vote for someone else.
Who is the brains behind these awards? Some type of Eric/Julia Morley svengali? I fervently hope he is not one of my moderators.

And I quote:

"Best thread
Simply, what has been the best thread this forum to date. This thread can have started at any point in the forum history"

The best thread to date. Jason Gibbs thread is as valid as any other.

Good man Flinty, they can maybe call off the dogs now but some how I doubt it.

And I quote:

"Best thread
Simply, what has been the best thread this forum to date. This thread can have started at any point in the forum history"

The best thread to date. Jason Gibbs thread is as valid as any other.
Me and Phils list was far more educational than that guide to scaffolding. Its showed you what to look out for when employng a scaff or dealing with one. Its was a class bit of list making.
I'll admit Jasons guide was very informative but it was a bit dull, i fell asleep on the bit that said "guide to sca......zzzz.....zzzz.....zzz"

Blueberry and The Bouffont Kid said Jason copied and pasted it when he was supposed to be labouring at Heathrow. Does this count as jonnybegood said you shouldnt be on the forum when you are supposed to be grafting?
i will of course accept the judges decision as final.

While I would agree that you should be labouring when working not on the forum the thread breaks no rules, it was created on the forum by a member and was nominated as the best thread. It will not be disqualified.

Me and Phils list was far more educational than that guide to scaffolding. Its showed you what to look out for when employng a scaff or dealing with one. Its was a class bit of list making.
I'll admit Jasons guide was very informative but it was a bit dull, i fell asleep on the bit that said "guide to sca......zzzz.....zzzz.....zzz"

Your thread was indeed a work of genius and I laughed so hard a little bit of wee came out when I read it. However, it didn't get nominated to my surprise. Sorry Russ, I'm the man making this happen, not the people taking part. Though I do think the final 3 are all worthy contenders.

bit dissapointing really , a thread from last year , (which at best is a couple of hours cutting and pasting) WORD ASS. , NAH.

It must have been a really boring year on forum if thats the 3 best threads.

couldnt vote for any of them.

Actually i only copied and pasted the quotes at the end of each paragraph... the rest are all my words and my time.

Top Bottom