Scaffolder

Olly2010

Reaction score
Hi there
I am wanting to become a scaffolder but I don't no were to start could someone give me some information please
Olly

stick in at school and get proper job scaffolding is finished son

Speak for yourself mate. I do ok out of it!

Olly

Get yourself a CPCS card - ConstructionSkills - The Health & Safety Test

Then just get a copy of the yellow pages and call every scaffolding company in your area explaining that you're looking to become a trainee scaffolder.

Stick with it mate and you'll soon get a start. The rest will follow.

Good luck.

what phil says bout spot on , phone or call in an see as many companies as you can ask any scaffolders you know to put a word in for you, also not sure how old you are but if you lucky enough to be apprenticeship age go to bConstructive - Home Page and register for possible apprenticeship via the citb college

scaffolding

Speak for yourself mate. I do ok out of it!

Olly

Get yourself a CPCS card - ConstructionSkills - The Health & Safety Test

Then just get a copy of the yellow pages and call every scaffolding company in your area explaining that you're looking to become a trainee scaffolder.

Stick with it mate and you'll soon get a start. The rest will follow.

Good luck.

what i was pointing out is that the game as we all know it is finished still do very very well out of it myself though given the choice again i would never choose this as a job

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

where was you when i needed ya 20 years ago:nuts:

a year into the scaffolding :p

Hi there
I am wanting to become a scaffolder but I don't no were to start could someone give me some information please
Olly

You might be able to get a garnateed apprentiship. I think someone like Dave abe may be able to advice you on that side of things

You coul;d try sending him a pm and see what he says.

Good advice Phil, yeh.. get a trainee card and call some firms up, I've done very well from scaffolding.. would do the same again...

go for it mate it not a bad job a lot easier now than it used to be ,,, but i reckon the good old days are gone !!!

I am 22 been doing labouring jobs since I was 16 and I've all ways fancied it now I got the the money for level 1 I didn't relies that you have to have at least 6 mouth experience

I am 22 been doing labouring jobs since I was 16 and I've all ways fancied it now I got the the money for level 1 I didn't relies that you have to have at least 6 mouth experience

Even if you did pay yourself and did the part 1 course, you would still be of no extra value to a scaffolding company than if you just started as a trainee.

It's all about technique and experience mate - something that can never be taught on a 2 week scaffolding course.

Get yourself on a decent firm, learn the job properly - and let the company pay for your training.

Good luck.

i wouldnt say scaffolding was easier nows days like, think off all the snagging that goes with it. back in ur day single hand rails and 1 lift of boards was fine. look at the graft in it now, easier my cheeks

Times are tough at the moment fella in the scaffolding game , It"s a tough job, in all weathers, depending on what firm you work for, with very little employment protection, also great when your younger, gets harder passed a certain age, really mate have a long think about it first, thats my advice, good luck.

Had my Son working with me for the last 5 years, He done a CSCS apprenticeship, his training centre was NETA at Stocton.

I approached my 'Contracts Manager' and asked if my Laddie could have a start as a 'Labourer' and from then, if he liked it, start as a 'Trainee'.

First week he had to go on a 'Intro/induction' course at a Carrilion training centre, as part of the CSCS training for new entrants to Construction.

6 mths on site, then 2 weeks away pt 1 A............ the rest is std practice, however he is pt2 raring to go (26 years of age) and i am Advanced, raring to slow down (50) we are on price though:eek:

I am the lead hand,however, i have no problem whatsoever, jumping down and passing all the kit up, or loading up while he is finishing off.

I hope you get the break, my son got, stick in mate, take notice of your 'Peers /Mentors, and who knows, someday they might be feeding you kit.:D

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

P>S and making you money:D

Top Bottom