Scaffolder killed

A worker who died after falling 25ft from scaffolding at a house in Dundee has been named.

George Carr, from the Fintry area, fell from the scaffolding on the house on Thursday afternoon.

The 67-year-old was working with a colleague on the house when the accident occurred.

Tayside Police confirmed there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding Mr Carr's death.

Despite the efforts of paramedics, Mr Carr died at the scene.

Tayside Police and the ambulance service attended after the fall at around 12.10pm.

The Health and Safety Executive has been informed of the incident.

Police officers remained at the scene of the fall, which is near Sommerville Place's junction with Upper Constitution Street, for several hours after the incident.

unfortuanatly the story is true dont know the full story as to what happened '
no doubt find out in time very sad geordie was old school n well known in the game not only in dundee but threw offshore aswell im sure some men on here will have known him i know his son very well gutted for him rip geordie:sad:

Sorry to hear about your tragic loss from all at Scaffolders Forum

A worker who died after falling 25ft from scaffolding at a house in Dundee has been named.

George Carr, from the Fintry area, fell from the scaffolding on the house on Thursday afternoon.

The 67-year-old was working with a colleague on the house when the accident occurred.

Tayside Police confirmed there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding Mr Carr's death.

Despite the efforts of paramedics, Mr Carr died at the scene.

Tayside Police and the ambulance service attended after the fall at around 12.10pm.

The Health and Safety Executive has been informed of the incident.

Police officers remained at the scene of the fall, which is near Sommerville Place's junction with Upper Constitution Street, for several hours after the incident.

So sorry to hear this sad news.My thoughts are with this mans family for your terrible loss.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Sorry to hear this terribly sad news.

R.I.P. a sad loss to the scaffolding family,but a bigger loss to his family and friends.i met george offshore briefly but as already stated a well known scaffolder offshore.old school

I worked with George on the Braes and in Norway. He was one of the best, and I'll always remember the great laughs we had together. All my thoughts are with his family at this terrible time.

R.I.P George

Awful news, i worked with George and his brother Tim for a few years on the Brae Bravo platform, a pure gent with an infectious laugh,my thoughts and prayers go out the big fella and his family, as mentioned earlier he was well known to the older offshore crews, R.I.P. George

RIP George. Condolences to all of his family and friends on behalf of everyone at the Scaffolders Forum.

Regards

SF Admin

Top Bottom