Scaffold sheeting

andyf8686

Reaction score
It there a guidance note for sheeting of scaffold in exposed areas ?

I have just erected a large scaffold 40m long punched up of steel at the 7 metre point above the walkway it's tied back to steel beams every standard all the way up to the top lift 6 lifts at 2 metre x 1.8 metre and cantilevered at the top 4 boards for access. they have now asked to sheet the hole thing in my question is is there anything in regards to the ties used as out here they just use 6mm rope. Have told them must use bungees as they can snap if required due to high wings etc.

This has nothing to do with boxing , scuba diving :toung:

Hi mate, cover your ass,say they have changed the sep of the job get a desighn drawing done which will tell you wat you can cover the scaffolding in with....
Shrink wrap sounds the easy way out though a desighned scaffold will tell you wat is required mate.
As on here in the desighn section theres enough brains in here too sort your desighn out. ok extra cost though the cliant is asking to change the spec of the job which calls for extra cost.
Good luck

There is no cost to it mate it's for the maintenance program on the complex so that's not a problem. As for shrink rape there is no chance of that out here would be able to grow Tom plants in a day with this heat LOL.
Have told them netting and cable ties only so that will cut the wind factor down not that there's much about now.
Cheers

Andy all monoflex ties have a breaking point , some are greater then others , they are made to break so the scaffold dont get pulled over

Andy, page 20, tg 20-08 gives information on tying monoflex, might get the info on the ties there.

Only thing I know about netting is not to tie the cable ties tight, allow to let the netting rip.

Top Bottom