scaffold safety advisor

gus

Reaction score
i met a independant advisor who works for our firm today

had a litle chat

then proceeded to norse me back (again) pulling a running beam up 100ft

so was wondering if anyone on here does it? pay? how you go about getting into it? pay?what qualifications are needed/ and of course what the pay is like!

i think the arse has fallen out of the job now so think this might not be a bad way to move on

thanks

gus

had a litle chat

so was wondering if anyone on here does it? pay? how you go about getting into it? pay?what qualifications are needed/ and of course what the pay is like!

i think the arse has fallen out of the job now so think this might not be a bad way to move on

thanks

gus

check out various posts on here gus, cheers

Scaffolding Qualifications and Scaffolding Training Courses - Scaffolders Forum | Scaffold Tools | Scaffolding Jobs and Courses

quite a few lads have echoed what your saying gus,ian or simian would be the best to ask i would say mate.im givig scaffolding another 25year if it dont pick up by then am going to try summit new myself mate.

another 25 years!!!!

jesus you will be bent double when your done

you would need a nebosh qualification at level 3 ie general or construction certificate for a lead into a role, probably as a trainee to start then, you need to aquire onsite experience, after two or three years ex the next step would be to gain NVQ level 4 H & Safety or nebosh dip, I would personally reccommend NVQ, not many scaffs got uni degrees or academic qualities needed for nebosh dip, I got funding did the course, enjoyed the law but some ov the course was pure nasa rocket science, you get 5 years to complete exams, av opted to do nvq as a back up get the same level qual and hopefully lock myself away for a year to study the dip, and try to tackle exams if i fail i know alot of cleverer folke who have to. i started on 28k basic first role 3 years ago, in Nuclear industry for multi disciplined company. Theres more Scaff safety advisors jobs appearing now, but jobs still few & far between.It is a growing industry tho, some major companies now specializing in work @ heights consultancey work.

cheers my man

very helpfull

guess will start with the learning then

I did the same thing after 14 years on the tools, it pays well, its easy but it is so boring. I wish I had never done it.
Think hard before you commit to safety.

that sounds ominous

its a good job but also a thankless task as you can be the whipping boy for everything that goes wrong. I'm not one by the way but the ones i have seen take some grief

completed nebosh general due to sit my smsts 22yrs in the game a stint in the middle east and where am i back on the fuvking spanner

SMSTS is like the rest of them, appearance money only. 22 years makes you only a lad like myself, give me the spanner any day of the week.

I'm a safey consultant, run my own company and carry out work on numerous shut downs . Used to work for a reputable training centre in Nottingham before I realised they were only ripping off scaffold companies for all they could. I'm currently based on a power station in Yorkshire where anyone that knows me will tell you i'm pretty fair.

What about demand Ian? The original poster Gus was looking for opportunities in the business, is it still buoyant despite the downturn, is there good prospects for advancements and can he expect to earn more or less when starting out?

How are things since you started, still going from strength to strength I hope?

You will need to progress with your training to keep ahead , I'm working for one of the major players at the minute . Recently a job came up for regional safety advisor that I was asked if I would like to put my name forward for !!!. Wasn't interested ae I can earn twice as much site based. I loved my time on the spanners but with all the safety regs that were coming in the job just got harder, (if you cant beet e'm join e'm). One of the biggest things that pissed me off was bricky, joiners plumbes with NEBOSH certs coming on site telling me how to do my job. FFS IF A BRICKIE CAN GET A SAFETY QUALIFICATION ANYONE CAN, so I went to college and go and give them feckers a hard time, scaffolder wise I always give time to scaffs.

Last edited:
From start to finish how long would it take a scaff to get enough qualifications to break in to that side of things and at what cost?

From start to finish how long would it take a scaff to get enough qualifications to break in to that side of things and at what cost?

I did my NEBOSH at college 1 day a week 3 hours for 33 week, Other than that you need to get as many scaff certs behind you as you can (I did this working for S&A Training Centre) I also have 24 years industry background . I would say that you'd need a minimum of 15 years in the game before you proceed into safety .

quite a few lads have echoed what your saying gus,ian or simian would be the best to ask i would say mate.im givig scaffolding another 25year if it dont pick up by then am going to try summit new myself mate.
i me going to give it another 5yrs if i dont make it by then ile have to fall back on my looks and become am international pop star but i dont know if ile be able manage with the pay cut ha!ha!ha!:blink::suspicious::eek::laugh:

Last edited:
I did my NEBOSH at college 1 day a week 3 hours for 33 week, Other than that you need to get as many scaff certs behind you as you can (I did this working for S&A Training Centre) I also have 24 years industry background . I would say that you'd need a minimum of 15 years in the game before you proceed into safety .

won't be many that have 15 years experience

Last edited:

had a litle chat

thanks

gus
who tied the 13ft boards with the rope to the back off the work van at !!!!!! and used the van as a hoist and got caught by the safety guy lmfao are you still working there or was it curtains or a porky from the safety guy:bigsmile:ps this has nothing to do with gus or hes sight just what we heard from safety guy the other week

Last edited:
Top Bottom