scaffold marker paint and sign boards??

hah, get the signs for feck all.:laugh:

Nah, just kidding, the guy's e-mail is sales@moviesigns.co.uk, Greg Lowe I was talking to. They seemed pretty reasonable to me but as always it depends what you want, all I got was maybe 6 big single sided for the front of a job and 6 double sided bus stop style.

The paint is the same, I think there may be a set up charge to register your colour, it's been a while so that might be total muggumba. The Mrs deals with that so not exactly sure what we pay but they do have a minimum order.

Is there any point buying the proper marking paint, ive never herd of any stolen scaffold being found and returned. Would a good coat of delux be just as good.

Marker paint

Yeah thats true lol i think dulux woul come off to easy where as the proper stuff is more hard wearing

Is there any point buying the proper marking paint, ive never herd of any stolen scaffold being found and returned. Would a good coat of delux be just as good.

Your chances of getting it back if painted would be absolutely zero where as if by some stroke of luck mine was ever found could easily be either traced to me or I could prove without a doubt it was owned by me, each to their own I suppose but I feel I have invested too much to just stand by and let others just walk out the gate with the stuff.

Marker paint

Yeah i know what you mean mate i havnt had anything nicked from me i know its rife in this game

Normal gloss is absolutely fine if you put it in a spray gun with white spirit , it wont come of the tube any worse then car paint , i have always used it thinned down about 75% paint 25% white spirit , about £50 a gallon

gaffer colour is yellow they do have there own colour but a lot to the tubes recently have bene painted in the floor walk way paint if you get what i mean lol

Future protective coating sound great they sell sprayers the lot but they drive you mad with sales calls now and again

Good post wasn't there something called ramping / ??. On tube, which Cape used to great effect on their stock it included a 0800 number to ring if you found it?? Boards were marked with a branding iron. Cowboy style anyone else know about it.

Yeah, not sure if I still have some but all my tube came from Generation who obviously bought some from McAlpines. I always though someone is bound to ask me about it as all their details were ramped to the tube but no one ever did. Just shows what a waste of time that is.

Top Bottom