Scaffold Labourers

• Thread starter sharpscaffolding
  • Start date
S

sharpscaffolding

Is it me how hard is it to find a decent scaffold labourer these days ive tried my hardest to find them they are like dinosaurs when you do find one they either want £100 a day been doing it a week or when you ask them have you done it before yes I have I passed a few 5fts up to the scaffs whilst I had a broom in my hand or they go home and text you saying ive made a mistake this isn't for me ive had 2 like this is a week! what happened to the lads when we first started shouted out like dogs ran around like headless chickens for £30 a day and yes we are still in the same game

They dont exist anymore mate i got a good one last year and he aint going anywhere fast mind you i think you might have to give them more then £30 a day now :laugh:

lol what isn't that the going rate any more phil maybe that's were im going wrong damn

I will give it a go hopefully I may get lucky with that type of money the phone wont stop ringing lol

I reckon they are still out there, for me it's when they are nearly through their training they turn into prima donnas, but still can't hemp a long.

nah, another urban myth, still part of the training.

your right aom or as there walking out the gate of the college on there last day there on the phone ive done my part one now I want more money. how can a boss warrant paying a pt1 £100 a day with a years experience and only just got his ticket or is it me am I out of touch with the youth of today I had my pt2 after 18months I was still on labourers money not once did I ask for money I was glad to be working and learning a trade

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

only on Trad no 21fts good call I say

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

I know exactly where you are coming from Alan. Did you manage to get that little problem sorted?

not yet chris the doors are closing on me but ive not forgot hows the holiday going

I'm easy ozy, let em go no problem, learn the hard way. The 21 thing is a poor call for me, they are our bread and butter.

Thang god for that I though maybe it was me. Really difficult to find anyone that wants work, they talk the talk but I think a lot give it a go to keep their parents off their back but in reality get it to kooshty living at home with mum n dad on the dole. What u want is a lad that has to work or his out the door.

Pay them what they are worth to you. Trail basis 30-50 per day. if they show willing put it up a little bit each month. We have a good lad started him on 40 per day he works hard most of the time picked it up quite well hes been doing it 2.5 months and will be going up to 45 per day in august. again Pay them what they are worth to you not what they want.

Top Bottom