Scaffold Instructor................

Weaverbix

Reaction score
Afternoon Gents,

Does anybody know the quals needed to be an instructor? Kind of looking to the next step and Hang my tools up ASAP due to issues.

Cheers

Found This Old Job Spec May Help!

an experienced scaffolding professional who is interested in delivering structured training in Scaffolding to learners. If you are passionate about the trade and want to impart your skills and experience to others, then this lucrative opportunity, which includes full teaching & assessing training if you don't already have it, could be perfect for you. There's a relocation allowance of £8,000 available if you need to move; and the opportunities for progression within the business are substantial.
Scaffold Instructor (Access): The essentials.
* Full understanding of Working at Height related training and hold appropriate trade qualifications
* Full UK driving licence and use of own car
Scaffold Instructor (Access): Your experience.
* Extensive experience and occupational competence within the Scaffolding industry
* Teaching qualifications would be considered an advantage, however full training will be provided if necessary.
Scaffold Instructor (Access): The desirables.
* Assessor qualification (A1, D32, TAQA)
* Teaching qualification (PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, PGCE, CertEd)
Scaffold Instructor (Access): The organisation.
* This established training provider is passionate about the construction industry and those who work in it. Keen to develop fulfilling career prospects for both learners and employees.

Scaffold Instructor (Access): The role.
* Supervise, organise, co-ordinate and control all of the Scaffolding courses and training activities.
* Planning, organising, controlling and delivering courses where necessary.
* The Senior Instructor role will have line management and leadership responsibilities and will deputise for the Product Manager when appropriate or necessary.
* Manage the quality of training delivered through observation of teaching and learning.
* Review development and training needs through observation and formal performance review.
* To ensure the safety and welfare of trainees/staff/visitors.
* Good planning, organisational and verbal/written communication skills are essential.
* £30k - £35.5k annual salary
* £8k relocation allowance
* a defined contribution pension scheme.
* A DBS (formerly CRB) check prior to commencement of role is required.

PTLLS approx cost £300…7 written Assignments and a 20 minuet or so Micro Lesson ( you will be accesed during the Micr Lesson )...

Afternoon Gents,

Does anybody know the quals needed to be an instructor? Kind of looking to the next step and Hang my tools up ASAP due to issues.

Cheers

Hold a basic scaffold card for a minimum of ten years and an advanced card for a minimum of 5 years.

Award in education and teaching
Assessor qualification
Previous supervisor position

Thanks Guys.

Tom I hear its 10 yrs as an Advanced Card holder now. Is that correct?

Where abouts would you be able to obtain these and what are the costs?
Does previous exp not count for owt?

Thanks Guys.

Tom I hear its 10 yrs as an Advanced Card holder now. Is that correct?

Where abouts would you be able to obtain these and what are the costs?
Does previous exp not count for owt?

The last I heard mate was it was 10 years as a basic and 5 as an advanced scaffolder.

I did the majority of my courses at Training 2000 in Blackburn.

I don't know the costs but when I did mine it was about £1000 for the individual courses, but some people can get funding, your better off speaking to them.

It all depends at what level you are now as to how much it will cost.

The teaching qualification can be done relatively quickly and so can the assessors but I don't know how much they are you would have to look them up to see where is near to you and how much they charge.

Just do the course idiot

Intelligent responce...............

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Thanks Tom, appreciate the info. Will give them a shout when I get home the weekend, T2000 is half an hrs drive from me so possibilities there.

Intelligent responce...............

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Thanks Tom, appreciate the info. Will give them a shout when I get home the weekend, T2000 is half an hrs drive from me so possibilities there.
Mick C was senior instructor there for a good few years. Pm him if he is still active on this forum. Worth a try.;)

Top Bottom