Scaffold Inspections

T.ANIMAL

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I know it has been covered somewhere on here, but havent the time to go thru all threads, so need a bit of advice,

Speaking with my site manager, that has a lagging background, he has done his basic scaffold inspection course at Erith, but cannot do his Advance, because he has no scaffolding background, thats what he has been told at Erith, just wondered if thats right, which in my opinion, should be, and also a lad wants to do his Inspection course, who holds a part 2 card, he has to do the Basic first, then how long before he can do his Advance Inspection ticket, he doesnt have to be an advanced scaffolder, or does he, and you cant just jump to the advance and not do your basic inspection ticket. thanks for any help in shedding some light on this matter:)

I found this on a training providers website

This course is aimed at persons responsible for inspecting Tube and Fitting scaffolds and completing a report in accordance with the Working At Height Regulations 2005. CISRS would expect prospective delegates to have some awareness and experience of scaffolding structures.

This experience will need to be demonstrated by the production of a CV with contactable references. Advanced Scaffold Inspection This course is aimed at persons responsible for inspecting complex tube and fitting scaffolds and completing a report in accordance with Work at Height Regulations 2005. This course would require prospective delegates to have held the CISRS Basic Inspection Card for a minimum of 2 years prior to attending the Advanced Course.

The CISRS Advanced Scaffold Inspection card will be valid for 5 years and as in the Basic Scaffold Inspection course, delegates will be expected to take a refresher course prior to the expiry of their card to ensure it can be renewed and that they remain up to date with latest guidance and standards of best practice. Each course is held over 2 consecutive days and includes a minimum of 12 hours of tuition, practical exercises and examinations. Only on completion of the course and a successful pass on the examination will delegates be able to apply for the industry recognised inspection card(s).

Hi T.Animal.
Just had a quick look at the CISRS general information booklet,2008 issue,& it says to be eligible for the advanced inspection course,applicants would need to have extensive scaffolding industry experience or have attended the basic scaffold inspection course previously.
Looks like to me,that you have to do the 1 before the other.
But l maybe wrong,& it may well all have changed. I'm sure there is someone whole has more up-to date info & knowledge,try SIMIAN.
Hope this helps.

You don't have to be a scaff to do the courses, sure you can jump straight to advanced inspection, if you hold advanced CISRS card..

Hi Animal, you should contact Ken Cain, he was my course instructer at Erith, He said to us we could do it in 6 month....advanced???? Im sure thats what he said....you could pm him.

You can do advanced inspection course straight away if you are part 2 now need to do the basic inspection first

Top Bottom