scaffold inspections

eggey17

Reaction score
Hi all im a site manager working for a big company on a decent homes project, ive been asked to run a job all external works mainley roofs, new roof demosses etc, i need to handover 10 properties a day for three day of the week and that leaves me 2 days to do paperwork because the clark of works only works 3 days a week, the issue i have is ive got to do all the scaffold inspections bare in mind ill have 90 scaffolds up at any one time its a rolling program the client wants 30 a week open, now i now there is no way i can do all this in a week and im not willing to put my name on any scaffold inspection sheets because im not going to be able to cope,what should i do!!!:cry:

Hi all im a site manager working for a big company on a decent homes project, ive been asked to run a job all external works mainley roofs, new roof demosses etc, i need to handover 10 properties a day for three day of the week and that leaves me 2 days to do paperwork because the clark of works only works 3 days a week, the issue i have is ive got to do all the scaffold inspections bare in mind ill have 90 scaffolds up at any one time its a rolling program the client wants 30 a week open, now i now there is no way i can do all this in a week and im not willing to put my name on any scaffold inspection sheets because im not going to be able to cope,what should i do!!!:cry:

Employ simian risk management to inspect them for you. They are a sponsor of the forum.

I can provide you with a scaffold inspector if value safety and want it doing by a trained and competant profesional?

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

I was in this situation a year ago. i was supervising the scaffold on a large new build school. I spent half of my working day looking at new jobs with the client and the other half getting gear from one area to another as i was the only forklift driver!!
The result of this was i didnt have time to properly check every job and minor faults soon started appearing. These faults were usually picked up by the client and went down against me as near misses!!

I didnt have as many seperate jobs up as u but i had over a mile of independant to check.

The solution to my problem and hopefully yours was to get one of my scaffolders to go round one day or afternoon and do all the inspections for me.

If it prevents one accident or one near miss surely its worth it.

If you can't cope, then email your boss telling him what the situation is.

Explain that you can't cope with the volume of work and that the company is leaving itself exposed to a possible disaster if anything goes wrong - and the correct paperwork isn't in place.

It's all about arse covering mate.

If he's still not interested, then I suggest you go and look for another job. Life's too short to be working for w@nkers. I'm sure I know where the finger of blame would lie if anything went wrong....

Good luck.

my company will not do that due to price!!!

ask them what price is a life, a bit harsh i know but true.
where are you based?
90 house scaffolds = 5000m of scaffold approx "dont shoot me down:nuts:"
unless you do a drive by your going to be a very busy man, you need help simples:confused:

If you can't cope, then email your boss telling him what the situation is.

Explain that you can't cope with the volume of work and that the company is leaving itself exposed to a possible disaster if anything goes wrong - and the correct paperwork isn't in place.

It's all about arse covering mate.

If he's still not interested, then I suggest you go and look for another job. Life's too short to be working for w@nkers. I'm sure I know where the finger of blame would lie if anything went wrong....

Good luck.

you are so right ive only been on the job 6 days and have been with the company 15 years, im going to have a one to one with the project manager if he dont act then im going to the contrct manager, but ill make sure ive coverd my a*es via email

you are so right ive only been on the job 6 days and have been with the company 15 years, im going to have a one to one with the project manager if he dont act then im going to the contrct manager, but ill make sure ive coverd my a*es via email

That's what it's all about mate.

£300 per week,al get some1 to do it for you,lol,should only take a day!

I can provide you with a scaffold inspector if value safety and want it doing by a trained and competant profesional?

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

I was in this situation a year ago. i was supervising the scaffold on a large new build school. I spent half of my working day looking at new jobs with the client and the other half getting gear from one area to another as i was the only forklift driver!!
The result of this was i didnt have time to properly check every job and minor faults soon started appearing. These faults were usually picked up by the client and went down against me as near misses!!

I didnt have as many seperate jobs up as u but i had over a mile of independant to check.

The solution to my problem and hopefully yours was to get one of my scaffolders to go round one day or afternoon and do all the inspections for me.

If it prevents one accident or one near miss surely its worth it.

No one better to do inspections than the scaffs themselves, I thought that was what being a manager was all about, delegate.

give me a PM....

Top Bottom