Scaffold Inspections.

T.ANIMAL

Reaction score
Hi again everyone.
It seems every time I start a new thread bar 1 I'm after something from you guys, well I'm at it again. Does someone have a system on there computer where I can key the details of description of scaffold, plant or location, what site it's on, name of the client, the date erected, the handover certificate number, inspection dates flagged up when due every 7 days, the Inspection numbers for each weekly inspection and the a date when it was dism. All on a spread sheet with columns, and say a job had been missed it would flag up that a job had been missed something like that. I'm not sure if I've made sense to anyone, or how do others do it, written in a diary or on a dry board. I'm hoping there's a computer option that's not going to cost me, just want to implement a new system to a new firm I'm with. If anyone has understood what I've just said, or can let me know how they do things, I would be so grateful to the brotherhood.:love:lol

Do you want it to build the job for you as well? Lol

Do you want it to build the job for you as well? Lol

You can if you like I'm not turning the spanners anymore lol, you can do the load list as well and load the wagon:bigsmile:

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Fecking ell animal....want want want.....take take take.......lol lol

That's me Scaffy. Lol. :D

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Fecking ell animal....want want want.....take take take.......lol lol

That's me Scaffy. Lol. :D

Also when it's dismantled and you key in a dism date it removes it from the ongoing inspection sheet to another file, so when you print off a copy of what's current, it shows only jobs still erected and in another file what's been dismantled, in each month. Someone must know what I'm trying to explain or is it something that scafftag have with the handheld scanner that you inspect with and it then downloads onto a computer. Fxxked if I know.:wondering::nuts:

We had one in Oz mate. You enter all the details on the computer which them transfers to the scanner. Tells you what scaffolds need inspecting. Pretty useful bit of kit even for 30 day inspections down under. Would be better on jobs where you have a few thousand scaffs up and on 7 day inspections. Was pretty pricey though. Don't think excel would flag up you would have to enter next inspections manually and use the sort or search functions but then I'm no Bill Gates

Cheers fella. Got 100 or more jobs up all over the uk, and its a nightmare trying to get them into areas to tag mon to fri, so I'm not criss crossing all over the place, even doing inspections early to put them in some sort of order, it takes 2 days in london to tag them, then you've got the south east and south west. Then midlands and Lincolnshire, then the north east and north west and nearly forgot wales, if the lads are working on a site that's due it's inspection, the company get them to sign up the tag and give the client a copy of the inspection sheet, but they are very poor at handing in paperwork only there time sheets they seem to remember lol, but I want to get away from that, and I purely do all inspections.

How would you manage inspections after modifications? Or what about if large areas were hit by severe winds and storms on the same day? Who would do your first inspections on completion of erection?
I can understand you forgetting Wales though!

I can see what your saying with the mods then it make sense for the lads that have done the mods to reinspect,sign tag and issue another f91, just getting the buggers to bring the paperwork back,but if the company were to put me thru my helicopters pilot licence and get me a helicopter, it would be sorted lol or a Ferrari would be nice. Now you know this thread is going to get hijacked now by the Taffy Apples, defending Wales.:eek:

They don't allow scaffolders to inspect their own work in most countries these days. The point being that if you have made a mistake you wouldn't see it when inspecting. I suppose you could appoint someone in each area to be inspector and be responsible for the paperwork but you would put yourself out of a job.
Would it be possible to allocate a day per area?

I can knock one up in excel there is a formula you can use I use it to calculate days since last accident . The formula is UNOW, I can put the spreadsheet together will take me an hour or so will get it over to you tomorrow T Animal

Yes I can get it to flag up inspection dates , for the amount of scaffolds he wants it for I'll have to do it with about 10 worksheets though :)

I can knock one up in excel there is a formula you can use I use it to calculate days since last accident . The formula is UNOW, I can put the spreadsheet together will take me an hour or so will get it over to you tomorrow T Animal

Double-Standards you would be "The Man",if that does the business. I would be truly indebted to you. This is why when the forum is working like this, I so love it, a true brotherhood, mind you, you haven't told me yet, you want £2000 for doing. Lol. Talk to you tomorrow fella. Thanks again for any help you can pass my way.:idea:

An ozzie guy came on here with a scaffolding apt a few weeks ago. Can this be adapted to suit??

I didn't look too closely at that app Fred as it seemed to be more about calculating weight of kit etc. We know what each component weighs so that can be done easily on excel or the back of a fag packet. You still have to know roughly what kit will go into a job though which is something the youngsters don't seem able to grasp.

You have email Mr T , if you need anything adding or altering let me know :D

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Does it automatically flag up next inspection dates DS?
I have ones that add hire dates automatically so suppose its the same formula just x 7

I have set it up to automatically flag up next due date using =TODAY >7 which puts in the date and highlights RED . Trying to suss out how I can use conditional formatting to highlight GREEN if not over 7 days :unsure:

As much as i would like to assist, beyond me at moment Mr T too much info to resolve
good to see others are able.

Top Bottom