Scaffold Inspections

T.ANIMAL

Reaction score
As a scaffolder with a basic inspection ticket, can i pull the tag on another companies scaffold that i believe to be unsafe, and poorly built ?

Have been to see the supervisor of the other company, but told me that it dont have to be pretty, it wont be up long, but they are winning more work, from undercutting, but to be honest there jobs are shocking, and the client doesnt realise this, just wondered if i could pull a tag, or take pictures and just send then to the HSE.

Anyone got any views on this.:idea:

Scaffold inspections

T Animal, the best thing you can do i get in touch with the HSE send them photos with an explanation of what is wrong with the scaffold they will have to investigate the issue, once they get there teeth in a company they will go through all there health and safety paper work, believe me the other firm will have to change there ways or the HSE will put a proabition notice on them,
let the HSE do the work thats what they are there for

If you feel there scaffolding is unsafe report it too the HSE . They wont do anything until somthing happens.. HSE ARE A Waist of time.
Carry on putting up good jobs when you go and price show the customer some of there great work,,, see how you get on..
These firms are every were mate up and down the country...
There is no governing body such as the HSE doing anything about these so called firms. Report it and send a photo...When you get a name of the Hse rep they will pass it on and hay nothing will be done, typical goverment run sector. No wonder some good companys who are trying to get it right are not working ,
Any HSE on here ? if your out there tell, T animal what he should do....? cause you dont do a lot. except when there is an accident. Keep at it T animal dont let it beat you mate

Maybe I live in an ivory tower, but I can't see the hse ignoring a report of a dodgy building site. What I have heard off is plenty of complaints going in and after investigating found the site to be perfectly acceptable.

Not sure the best course of action on this one T. Animal. They say the correct course of action is to report it, but unless there is an imminent danger I really don't think I would. Talk is cheap, plenty will scrabble for the moral high ground and claim they would but not sure how many actually would.

I would advise the client to get an independent scaffold inspector on site and study his report carefully .

If it is a danger pull the tag, you are responsible for your own safety and those around you.
If it's dangerous what can anyone say?

Hse is the best route but to be honest as aom has said how many of us have seen a scasffold and shook your head and said **** me thats a disgrace
there is a poem offshore regarding safety the punch line is---
i could have saved a life that day,but i chose to walk away.

the tag isnt legal T it means nothing,
as phillio said if its bad phone HSE if you give your details they will act and act quickly believe me.

the tag isnt legal T it means nothing,
as phillio said if its bad phone HSE if you give your details they will act and act quickly believe me.

Aint it ironic Jackdan that the very people who govern & regulate Scaffolding (NAS*) couldn't give a flying Fu*k about situations raised by T Animal............

Should the people that invented TG 20 & SG4-10 not police deviations from there expected standards...that they sell to companies wanting to adhere to industry guidance.

Standards????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:mad:

i would go take pic show it to the customer they are doing the job for, point out what is wrong with it and tell them if thay do not want to do any thing about it, then you will inform the hse, chances are they will not want hse comeing round, but haveing sed that it could start all sorts of problems, down my way a good scaffold firm reported someone about a bad job, and they started getting tubes moved from there jobs even had someone take down a handrail so there was only a single and remove braces then report them to hse.

yes a can of worms animal exspecially with your lovely photo on your avitar lol!!!!

haha, looks more like a bag of doubles.:D

Top Bottom