scaffold inspection rate

b-safe1

Reaction score
We have got a job comeing up 50 mile from home going to be up for a year and we have not got any other jobs near or likely to be near this so every week someone will have to go down there so half a day gone so going to put 5k on price for this anyone think that would be out of the way

It will cost you at least that amount but it keeps the 2 day crowd away.

Seems reasonable enough to me as Swifty rightly states it will cost you that much in time effort and fuel anyway.

I would have went higher.

We have a similar thing, only not up as long. We charge £360+VAT per inspection which should just be enough to make them get someone else to do it as obviously I think the job is good or I wouldn't have built it in the first place.

When the odd one comes along and insists that we do it, it's £360 plus travel and expenses.

£500 a week, minimum.

Fvuk it m8 just cos it needs inspecting dont mean u av to do it...dont put it on the price just tell them its their responsibility to adhere to the regs & they can either get someone else in or you'll do it for £400 per visit

Thing is this is a good customer who we get a lot of good jobs off this is good job to and a few grand in it so just wanted to keep the inspection to a min.

maby see if a forum member is will to sign the tag for you obviously at cost but wont be as much of cost of you traveling everyweek to sign it

feck it ally give me 3 inspections a week and im HAPPY
and give me 250 for each one you cream the rest 3rd party only inhouse so to speak ;)

maby see if a forum member is will to sign the tag for you obviously at cost but wont be as much of cost of you traveling everyweek to sign it

Would you really want to leave it to a third party though? Albeit, it'll be their name on the tag?

aas before give me 250 and 3 a week and I will get my network of weegies around the country to sign off anything;)

At £100 per visit You are hardly covering your cost,diesel,labour,vehicle hidden costs, Let alone charging for the actual inspection.

At £100 per visit You are hardly covering your cost,diesel,labour,vehicle hidden costs, Let alone charging for the actual inspection.

& dont forget the other important thing like your reputation & PLI if things do go wrong its your details on the tag.

A while back i was approached by a old friend with his own company who had done a job over & around a church which tbh really should av been desighned for loadings on the roof etc- he offered me £100 cash to give it the once over & sighn it off....after inspecting it the snag list would have cost more to put right as it was horrendous.i gave him the snag list but no sighn off & said once he'd done it i"d recheck & sighn it off. In the insuing weeks i heard through the grapevine that it"d had aslip & small collapse damaging a large portion of the roof ...hse got involved,the insurance company wouldnt pay out cos unqualified labour & no desighn. I'm just glad i didnt sighn it off but some would av lked at it as easy cash & done it anyway

Hi, depending on the size of the scaffold and the clients expectations, with reports that may need to be written up plus fuel and or travel costs, you would need to price at £300 per visit at least. This is what I charge to travel upto 50 miles. I hope this helps.

How often do they accept those prices AOM?

Not often Swifty being honest, but that's why we price it like that as I would rather someone else does it but I still feel obliged to offer the service.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

& dont forget the other important thing like your reputation & PLI if things do go wrong its your details on the tag.

A while back i was approached by a old friend with his own company who had done a job over & around a church which tbh really should av been desighned for loadings on the roof etc- he offered me £100 cash to give it the once over & sighn it off....after inspecting it the snag list would have cost more to put right as it was horrendous.i gave him the snag list but no sighn off & said once he'd done it i"d recheck & sighn it off. In the insuing weeks i heard through the grapevine that it"d had aslip & small collapse damaging a large portion of the roof ...hse got involved,the insurance company wouldnt pay out cos unqualified labour & no desighn. I'm just glad i didnt sighn it off but some would av lked at it as easy cash & done it anyway

Who paid for the roof repairs?

He did 4k as well as 2k fine from hse & court costs & the contractor got hit for 5k as well - wiped out all the profits from the job but he could av been hit for much more got away lucky really....tbh he's not asked me to sighn anything off since lol

Top Bottom