Scaffold Elevators

Proscaff

Reaction score
I've been asked to put an elevator on one of our scaffolds, never had one before.

Any ideas on suppliers, prices and any other information i should maybe know about, your help would be appreciated

Make sure your Insurance covers you for it , and you will get caught in the middle if it breaks down much better to palm it of on the main contractors if you can

good shout phil thanks, didnt even think of that

and thanks joe and havespanner i think i'll pass them names to the main contractor

Do you know if there is any special requirements for the design of the scaffold for an elavator?

Advice, Pass the details of the hoist supplier to your client, let them deal direct with the supplier. If the hoist breaks down and you allowed the hoist to be supplied through your company you could leave yourself liable for any down time / damage to the hoist. In short the risk out weighs the potential reward.
Neil

Regards design, recommend they tie the hoist to the building directly and not to the scaffold. If they insist on tying to scaffold, tell them to employ the services of an engineer and you will provide cost for additional works as detailed in the design drawings supplied by the engineer. Also advise they pay for an engineer to return to site and issue Handover cert when works are complete.

Neil

If your scaffold is designed then make sure you tell the designer to either allow for it or what we do is make the hoist company tie into the building independently of the scaffold as if anything goes wrong the designer will wash his hands of it.

We allways use southern hoist service (SHS) out of winchester but they travel & have satalite depots around the south.great service & pricing but most importantley quick reaction times on brake downs which is important to keep the client happy as theyre allways brake due to missuse.
The boys are also right about the hassle of being the middleman i find it much easier to let the MC deal with SHS i just tell em that we are not qualified under the LOLER to deal wiv it...also best to get a desighner involved due to need for additional ties etc that may be required as most are connected to the scaffold ascclients dont want potential damage to the building facade
Southern Hoist Services

Last edited:
Top Bottom