Scaffold collapse in oxford street

SevenSixteen

Reaction score
More of a case of "fallen over", just off Oxford Street in London. Few blokes looking for work come Monday morning I think... and a firm getting bent over by the HSE.

A car wrecked, pay out for loss of earnings for the shops, cost of replacing glass, and a fine from the HSE... so this little job has turned into a costly one for them and their insurers (if they pay up).

Last edited:
no ties, crap tube / fittings......none ticketed hand job so called scaffs....this will keep happening while local/state government allow it...you know what I mean...

Strange looking collapse---looks like the base of the Scaffold has been pulled out across the street ???:wondering:

Strange looking collapse---looks like the base of the Scaffold has been pulled out across the street ???:wondering:

Morning Gary
looks like it fell left to right in the photo. The base is still next to the wall.
What is apparent is the sheeting and the lack of ties, most likley to be a lip tie at the top but nothing below!!

Good Morning Alan

PMSL---feck sake I need new glasses Man---your absolutely right...

Start of a new week for you eh Alan ?

Garry...

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Tester

Never miss a trick for a sale eh ;)

Hows Business ???

garry...

Good Morning Alan

PMSL---feck sake I need new glasses Man---your absolutely right...

Start of a new week for you eh Alan ?

Garry...

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Tester

Never miss a trick for a sale eh ;)

Hows Business ???

garry...

Yep new week here for most but a continuation of the last one for me LOL
Seen a few of those scaffolds in my time, always make for interesting thought process on how to take them down.

Tester,
you gotta put them in to test them!!
regards
Alan

Hi Garry
Yep! Never miss an opportunity me if we can help make scaffolding and Scaffolders safe.
We are not doing too badly in the tough old world out there at the moment.
The Working Well Together safety seminars are helping to advise the testing of anchors and ties in line with current recommendations and we are attending another one and giving a presentation in Lancashire this coming week.

Last edited:
Not that big... the bigger the base lift the better, even if its a 19ft base lift and no ties. :p

Step ladder on the top lift , me thinks the painters pushed it over. i bet the car owner is gutted the street is empty and he parks beside the scaffold , the traffic wardens will be along soon and ticket it LOL

Top Bottom