Scaffold Card for Scaffs !!!!!!

joebag

Reaction score
what do you think should be took away or added to each of the Scaffolding Cards to make them more Valuable,worthwhile and not based on what people can make money out of,Ultimately encouraging blokes to get them as they mean something!

I think the part 1 should have

1.Rescue Plan training-as in any gang you should be able to help your mate

2.Pull test and proper tie training-as if its that crucial,and its proved that it is ,its a no brainer to be taught it at the earliest opportunity so to emphasise its importance

part 2

1.get rid of the putlog section and introduce more info on sheeting a scaffold,and the critical effect this has on the scaffold

2.Practical test not a no fail instruction on all the structures built to that point,,,,,PROVE YOU KNOW YOUR ONIONS !

advanced

1.over the age of 25 a 90% say practical exam on real world jobs with no instruction just drawings and slight advice,old heads will breeze it and weed out the passengers

2.under 25 an option to do the same course but also funded training to do a 5 year course with training and site visits intermitently

Might not have it right but all this and more would need to be backed by a independent body discussing with us and liasing with clients yet no ties and held to account by strict regulations,

to do this the cards need to be mandatory and lawfull,in this i believe we can get the power and the money back from "Guidance Organisations" and Cash Cow no comeback training centres

We are getting held to account every fukin day and its about time we did something about it,took me a few months to get my head round this and sorry for relentless threads and posts but i had to find out whats wrong for myself,

i love scaffolding and dont like the way its going and im one stubborn tw@t !

what do you think should be took away or added to each of the Scaffolding Cards to make them more Valuable,worthwhile and not based on what people can make money out of,Ultimately encouraging blokes to get them as they mean something!

I think the part 1 should have

1.Rescue Plan training-as in any gang you should be able to help your mate

2.Pull test and proper tie training-as if its that crucial,and its proved that it is ,its a no brainer to be taught it at the earliest opportunity so to emphasise its importance

part 2

1.get rid of the putlog section and introduce more info on sheeting a scaffold,and the critical effect this has on the scaffold

2.Practical test not a no fail instruction on all the structures built to that point,,,,,PROVE YOU KNOW YOUR ONIONS !

advanced

1.over the age of 25 a 90% say practical exam on real world jobs with no instruction just drawings and slight advice,old heads will breeze it and weed out the passengers

2.under 25 an option to do the same course but also funded training to do a 5 year course with training and site visits intermitently

Might not have it right but all this and more would need to be backed by a independent body discussing with us and liasing with clients yet no ties and held to account by strict regulations,

to do this the cards need to be mandatory and lawfull,in this i believe we can get the power and the money back from "Guidance Organisations" and Cash Cow no comeback training centres

We are getting held to account every fukin day and its about time we did something about it,took me a few months to get my head round this and sorry for relentless threads and posts but i had to find out whats wrong for myself,

i love scaffolding and dont like the way its going and im one stubborn tw@t !

good few lalr pinter there marra but put log is part 1 stuff and i totally agree you should eb shown hpow to rescue some 1 and practice it clipped on to you harness and whinched up 1ft and then rescued from a scaffold but then this lead to the centres making more money endorsing certian types of fall arest and then you would only be able to use that type of fall arest. but should be done maby featch your firms fall arest in for the day

Tie testing, tie installation, harness inspection, rescue training, more in depth knowledge of the work at height regs, how to get your lazy little bar steward of a labourer to work!

Top Bottom