Scaffeze or something cheaper

tommo1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first thread and one I know that has been asked before but here goes. Have used scaffeze for my fittings for quite a while now mainly because it's been convenient and it's pretty easy to use with a spray bottle. As we all know, it works well when first sprayed but it doesn't last long and is quite expensive. As I've said, like the easiness of it but not the price.
Any suggestions please. Cheers!

Add a light grade oil to the scaff ease it will last longer & gets into the tread more easily. Just strike a job light spray across the top & good to go!!:D

Ragscaff

Engine oil will cause cancer without the right PPE.

There was a time when more mechanics caught testicular cancer than all the other trades put together.

get an impact wrench no need for servising fittings........... w8 for them all to jump on the band wagon lol

There was a time when more mechanics caught testicular cancer than all the other trades put together.

well ive got a few lumps on my testicals swifty but been told not to worry its only prostrate :laugh:

When using oils remember your COSHH info sheets, two products mentioned here are

carcengenic; sump oil and white spirit. Proberly more, Deisel is a no go apart from price.

I seem to remember a company in London town used Duck oil anyone know name of

company? Ps Brian Matthews Saturday morning radio show must listen The Rolling Stones

on at moment brill

Hi everyone, first thread and one I know that has been asked before but here goes. Have used scaffeze for my fittings for quite a while now mainly because it's been convenient and it's pretty easy to use with a spray bottle. As we all know, it works well when first sprayed but it doesn't last long and is quite expensive. As I've said, like the easiness of it but not the price.
Any suggestions please. Cheers!

Had there rep in last week and confronted him with the same thing you mention, doesnt last long
His reply: Scaffeeze is designed as a dry product for enviromental reasons yes it dry's out as it's suppose to but it still does it's job for a long while after.
My reply; Are you having a laugh????????
His reply; You could try "Scaffeeze plus" it stays wetter longer as it has more oil properties in it.

Yes you guessed it----------- it is more expensive think it was about 50p a litre

Thanks for all your replies lads. Just come across one on the net called Scaff-X UK No1 Scaffold Lubricant from cischemicals.co.uk anybody heard of it or used it?

I bought tube lube from this company
Home
It's to thick to spray and a bit stringy and clingy,but cheap and does the job,I think I'll try that scaff x next time

Top Bottom