scaff ticket

sabretiger

Reaction score
we have taken on a scaff, who did part 1 and 2 over two years ago , but didnt complete his portfolio or apply for his ticket, is he a qualified scaff ?:worried:

we have taken on a scaff, who did part 1 and 2 over two years ago , but didnt complete his portfolio or apply for his ticket, is he a qualified scaff ?:worried:

In a word, No

Not until NVQ completed and final assessment completed and passed.

thank you :) he insists he qualified, but if hse get involved this would backfire on the company ? once again thank you .

Yeah defo not mate
Not until he has the NVQ certificates and his scaffolders card

I think I read on another thread that after that length of time he might have to do the training again.

Think your right Aom. He must have a trainee card at least if he's done his part 2 first of all (so you might be able to employ him as a trainee !, if he hasnt got even a trainee card I'd be suspicious that he'd done a part 2 course) and yeah I think you've only got 18 month or 2 year to apply for your card once you've done the part 2 course. I'm sure I've read that somewhere too Aom

Last edited:
thank you for info all ,much appreciated :) .

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

he done the courses, but never completed portfolio , or assement, blah blagh, certainly he got no card , but insists he qualified , jus trying to see how it stands with company , due to rules an regs :s:confused:

If he has no card or documents to show you, or any management on the sites he is going on then he is a labourer Sabretiger. Your company will be at risk from HSE and the directors could face charges if anything went wrong, if he is allowed to work on site as a gang leader. Im surprised he has been allowed on sites as they are keen on seeing documents during inductions now.

so paul hope your not paying that labourer more than 50

Never fails to amaze me the lads that do half the traing then try to bend the rules to obtain there qualifications.Then moan like feck when you inform them they are a labourer

This is there bread and butter, the rate of pay they command , they don't seem to give a feck, and want others to run around sorting there lives out for them

Apathy Rules...OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

seems to be the way they are now Rigger. One lad in particular who is turning in to a good scaff at last but every time I ask for his portfolio it's like going back to school with pathetic excuses like the dog eat my home work. Like you, I can't understand it but I suspect the more you do and the easier you make it for them the less it means to them.

either way unqualified scaff send him back to gwen :):):)

no mate i know the guy and he is a p rick

The day's of chances are long gone, it's all about cards whether we like it or not.

Well as I've said I couldnt get on anywhere up here until I got an up to date CISRS card even though I can show my nvq's certs and CITB card so I dont know how he's managed.
I was told of a firm a few miles away that would have taken me on as was but to be honest I'd rather not work for a firm like that, no protection for me and also would have been constantly watching and worrying about the other lads (what with my life potentially depending on them and their work) and h&s.
Best to play by the rules.

Top Bottom