Scaff tags

blade74

Reaction score
How many tags is acceptable to sign in a day???
I work for DSL and our tag man signs 300 in 5 hrs!!!:eek:
That's no exaggeration by the way!!!
It's a joke, the site manager can't see a problem.
I always thought it was roughly 15mins per tag??
Anyone advise please.:)

It takes as long as it takes. 1 a minute is a bit too quick.

That's 15 mins on a basic scaffold say 2 lift tower. If there was a problem on site and he was audited. He could be in a lot trouble. It sounds if he's just signing the tag up and not inspecting them. Mind you 300 jobs sounds a bit extreme, one tag man would not be able to inspect the jobs properley in a flat 38 hour week is he Usain Bolts cousin. :nuts:

The f19's are pre-printed with every tag number in, 'good order' printed next to it. The tag man literally pulls the tag and signs it. I can't believe it's never been pulled up!!
On paper, we're the most efficient scaffs in the world!!!

Cowboys

and thats a nasc member

something very wrong there.

If anything goes wrong he could get jail.

AND THE MANAGER SOUNDS A RIGHT COWBOY ASWEL.

WHICH SITE IS THIS???????????????????????????????????

Last edited:
The f19's are pre-printed with every tag number in, 'good order' printed next to it. The tag man literally pulls the tag and signs it. I can't believe it's never been pulled up!!
On paper, we're the most efficient scaffs in the world!!!

Sounds poor but a lot depends on the jobs. Are they in poor condition?

when i did my adv tagging course i was told max was about 30 a day(8 hours) because you couldn't inspect them properly if you were to do 300 in a day

Don't think I could even initial 300 a day let alone inspect that many.:eek:

when i did my adv tagging course i was told max was about 30 a day(8 hours) because you couldn't inspect them properly if you were to do 300 in a day

Sorry Nobba there is no such thing as a tagging course

There is however SCAFFOLD INSPECTION COURSE'S Basic & Advanced.

It is the 7 Day Inspection and recording of such inspection that is required by law.The Law states that the person carrying out the inspection must be competent to inspect the Structure.

I thought this thread was a wind up when I first read it, but alas no, Scaffold Tags are just another example of the way the scaffold industry has gone in the past years. "Sign the tag"and people think the scaffold is safe, if only life was that simple

Sorry Nobba there is no such thing as a tagging course

There is however SCAFFOLD INSPECTION COURSE'S Basic & Advanced.

It is the 7 Day Inspection and recording of such inspection that is required by law.The Law states that the person carrying out the inspection must be competent to inspect the Structure.

I thought this thread was a wind up when I first read it, but alas no, Scaffold Tags are just another example of the way the scaffold industry has gone in the past years. "Sign the tag"and people think the scaffold is safe, if only life was that simple

you know what i mean inspection course (tagging course for short ):bigsmile:

Sorry Nobba I am a pendantic old git at times :sad:

The thing is though, that even with an Advanced Inspection Qualification,it could be stated in a court of law that you were not competent to inspect certain types of scaffold structures.Depending on it's complexity,your experience, and the ACTUAL TIME you spent on the Inspection.

How many tags is acceptable to sign in a day???
I work for DSL and our tag man signs 300 in 5 hrs!!!:eek:
That's no exaggeration by the way!!!
It's a joke, the site manager can't see a problem.
I always thought it was roughly 15mins per tag??
Anyone advise please.:)

The problem is not the tagging, the problem is the uninspected scaffolds. The aim is to inspect the scaffold the tag is there to show you have done so.
It would not depend on the scaffold type or their locality to each other it is not reasonable, under any circumstances to say a man has inspected 300 scaffolds of any size or description in 5 hours.
Do the maths 300mins over 300 scaffolds = 60 seconds a scaffold. I would be inclined to suggest that the tagger is having the tags brought to him in the canteen and is signing them whist sat on his ass.

Last edited:
I agree 300 in 5 hours is beyond the realms of probability. Although on one job a company had in excess of 100 cuplok mobiles in the 5th basement. Average size was 1.5m X 1.3m X 1m high. The inspector the company sent could still inspect all these in a couple of hours and join us for a full English at 10am.

mockery made again,does anything in our game actually stand up to scrutiny anymore,at least in the old school ways we werent pretending to be something we are not,cant polish a turd , the whole structure and regulation of this industry needs wiping out and starting again,amazes me how us scaffs are now the ones asking for regulations,shows how bad nasc csrs have got :sad2:

mockery made again,does anything in our game actually stand up to scrutiny anymore,at least in the old school ways we werent pretending to be something we are not,cant polish a turd , the whole structure and regulation of this industry needs wiping out and starting again,amazes me how us scaffs are now the ones asking for regulations,shows how bad nasc csrs have got :sad2:

sorry marra but ya can its call dodo dango ing

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI]Mythbusters Polishing a Turd - YouTube[/ame]

Mon Joe, how did you deduce cisrs and nasc were at fault for this one?:eek:

Mon Joe, how did you deduce cisrs and nasc were at fault for this one?:eek:

Behave AOM you know if it was not them it was the bl00dy trainers Ha.

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Joebag, the card nor the organisation doth not maketh the man.
Even with endless training, qualification and backing a great scaffolder can still be a lazy fu*ker who chooses to do a poor job.
This does not make it the responsibility of the organisation providing the backing or training.
regards
Alan

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

I agree 300 in 5 hours is beyond the realms of probability. Although on one job a company had in excess of 100 cuplok mobiles in the 5th basement. Average size was 1.5m X 1.3m X 1m high. The inspector the company sent could still inspect all these in a couple of hours and join us for a full English at 10am.

Hi HSWT, its not how many you can get round its how many you check is where the problem lies. If a man can get around 60 scaffs in 90mins he is still doing one every 1.5mins which includes a visual check on around say 50 components per tower, pulling and signing and replacing the tag recording in and getting to the next tower.
I know it's not an all day job but I feel there must be a minimum time spent even for the smallest of jobs to be done even adequatley let alone well.
regards
Alan

Last edited:
Top Bottom