Scaff step

platinum

Reaction score
Right here goes on another problem, any advice / ideas much app !!!

We have to use the scaff step or tea tray as i call it, on Wimpey sites, but last week i had a Cat C from a safety officer who turned up, didnt see our lads as they were at tea, but saw that a scaffold was in process of strike, with boards of a 3rd lift of house, but as there was no handrails on and only 3 boards on the 3rd, he presumed our lads were not using steps etc, but infact what they did was work from one corner to the other, then at last corner, dropped down and then used steps, but at all times were clipped on.

Now the problem my guys have come up with is, if they use steps on strike they work on 2 or 3 boards BUT..... the steps off the handrail, cover over that gap, so when stepping off, you barely touch the 3 boards, so only way for a safe step down is to pull down every board and fully board out the lift by lift.

The strike will take twice as long that way surely ????

We have to use the scaff step or tea tray as i call it, on Wimpey sites, but last week i had a Cat C from a safety officer who turned up, didnt see our lads as they were at tea, but saw that a scaffold was in process of strike, with boards of a 3rd lift of house, but as there was no handrails on and only 3 boards on the 3rd, he presumed our lads were not using steps etc, but infact what they did was work from one corner to the other, then at last corner, dropped down and then used steps, but at all times were clipped on.

Now the problem my guys have come up with is, if they use steps on strike they work on 2 or 3 boards BUT..... the steps off the handrail, cover over that gap, so when stepping off, you barely touch the 3 boards, so only way for a safe step down is to pull down every board and fully board out the lift by lift.

Indeed it does.

And don't call me Shirley...

theese steps are a heap of shxt and are an accident waiting to happen when your erecting/stripping,there needs to be some leeway on this process the jordan clams are the bees kneesin my opinion

Those steps are a breach of working at height anyway. Fall prevention doesnt exist! You can fall off the top of the step as there are no hand rails. Their solution to this problem "Clip on". So I stand on the boarded lift and clip onto the ledger above me, "Do I need to tell you that I will hit the deck before the lanyard kicks in"....

Awful solution to a problem that was never there, in my eyes.

I thought my 'and don't call me shirley' pun was worth at least three 'thanks' :sad:

you need some of these, but you will still have to be working on a fully boarded lift. video shows going up, works in reverse when striking

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7K_AQDa2ks&context=C3315ff7ADOEgsToPDskJCXFw7hDL3mOblTFK06bQk]upfront AGS single up - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q05yX9n0Us&context=C3315ff7ADOEgsToPDskJCXFw7hDL3mOblTFK06bQk]upfront AGS single off - YouTube[/ame]

g-scaff, have you found any markets for this yet?

g-scaff, have you found any markets for this yet?

not really got that far as of yet, although i have a meeting for next week in which a final working sample should be available for me to view. apart from the home made videos you have seen, it has only been fully demonstrated to 1 company using original prototypes, and they are very interested for reasons previously mentioned, ie time saved against the step. apparently they will pay for themselves in man hours saved, compared to the step. i will post again when i have something more professional to show

thats a pretty impressive answer , wish i'd been on dragons den with that , tellin big duncan and theo that we would sell shitloads of them , then knockin them back and takin peter jones offer

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

havin used the step briefly , id love to use this thing instead

Wait till no ones looking and bomb the lot , when some one walks past STOP and start whistling "the great escape" when they gone bomb like fu ck again :)

Top Bottom