Scaff step .. On 5ft lift

timthumb

Reaction score
How would you use it on the shorter lifts ...
Is it as simple as 2 steps up install bottom h/r then to the top to install the top h/ r
As we know the ledger will not act as a h/r on those lower lift height from the top step
I know that you can put a h/r in then adjust it later but my mind set likes to install at the correct height first time then it's finished with
Would we even be talking a third h/r stood on the lift
We were pulled on standing on top of the step installing the h/r albeit clipped on behind Ledger . Ledger to front was deemed to be to low to act as a h/r

How would you use it on the shorter lifts ...
Is it as simple as 2 steps up install bottom h/r then to the top to install the top h/ r
As we know the ledger will not act as a h/r on those lower lift height from the top step
I know that you can put a h/r in then adjust it later but my mind set likes to install at the correct height first time then it's finished with
Would we even be talking a third h/r stood on the lift
We were pulled on standing on top of the step installing the h/r albeit clipped on behind Ledger . Ledger to front was deemed to be to low to act as a h/r
Suppose you could always get down on ya fuckin knee's...They'd like that...

I thought of that ..... But when I asked they required knee pads of a certain conformity only made with sheeps wool from the Falklands which by container would take 8 weeks by boat ....
The brickies want to be on the lift sooner than that maybe they could be stood down for a few weeks

I thought of that ..... But when I asked they required knee pads of a certain conformity only made with sheeps wool from the Falklands which by container would take 8 weeks by boat ....
The brickies want to be on the lift sooner than that maybe they could be stood down for a few weeks

:D lolo:D

i'm sure that you shouldn't be picked up on it as you are already clipped on, dont forget 4:10 are recomendations to reduce risk NOT TO GIVE 100% RISK FREE ERECTING, that just isnt economically or time & motion viable;)

Lower steps I think ..... I haven't got the sg 4 10 booklet yet .... Being trained soon so will get one then I hope unless someone can post that bit having regard to the copyright rules of course

:D lolo:D

i'm sure that you shouldn't be picked up on it as you are already clipped on, dont forget 4:10 are recomendations to reduce risk NOT TO GIVE 100% RISK FREE ERECTING, that just isnt economically or time & motion viable;)

It's just how the pc sees it .....
The agent has a picture in his mind and I aim to reproduce that so that we can all be happy
I must say so far I don't mind the scaff step and I'm starting to quite like that when you jump up ( access the next lift by ladder to a safe fully boarded zone of course ) the handrail is done and you just have to put the toe boards and brick guards on

What do you call the, hop ups ya use to use be 4 scaff stepp clips over bottom hand rail and like a larl raker to sit against standard that can be used on top or bottom handrail can ya not use them for half lifts

Top Bottom