SCA ProTect Containment - Is there still a fear of Shrink Wrap in the industry?

sca pro-tect

Reaction score
Hi all,

Its been a while since been on as I have been working on some new projects but thought it would be a good time just to point out what we have been up to and clarify some areas that I know have been discussed on the forum about us during my absence :)

Lots of fear behind Shrink Wrap and taking the plunge in trying it out, I wouldn't fear it as long as you have a competant business doing it for you and I can only think of a couple experianced enough really in the U.K, if you have a bad experiance then it's likely driven by install ability or material failure but as I say a few can be trusted so definately try it out...

I know its been suggested we Scaffold - We don't ! Our Scaffold Divisions Scaffold but the Protect Containment Division is entirely seperate and dedicated to Containment of Scaffold and do have a number of systems and techniques that combat tough enviroments like wind and rain such as our SureSeal System used for the oil and Gas markets.

Our contracting locations are global and our material is superior as used at Glastonbury Festival on the Shangri -La and the award winning building over looking the Olympic Site.

We are currently working in Oil and Gas and offshore locations and only turn to our Scaffold Marine locations to identify complications which need overcoming so have the ability to discuss and test on our locations throughout the U.K. We have partnerships with fellow Shrink Wrap containment companies throughout Europe and exchange best working practises, so an NASC certified Group member that advises scaffold businesses on the right solution and scaffold requirements to accept the material processes..

New website on the way which will give a better impression of our capabilities but for now SCA ProTect Containment - Welcome

So go on try it! :idea:

Good post SCA and quite pertinent to me as I have been toing and froing about using this type of material. Firstly, I have not had a bad experience just not had any with it at all. I posted on another thread I have a very small one to tent in and it's just not worth going to a load of expense and hassle for but it would also be very good to give us a wee taster of how it all works. Investing a lot in buying heat guns for a 1 off kinda puts me off.

Very informative SCA Protec my feeling towards the shrink wrap system is why bother with mono flex, what with the cost of returning to site after a bit of wind to replace loose sheets etc
This shrinkwrap system lasts for the time scale require.

very true andy but compare the cost on shrink to monerflex !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont get me wrong we do bundles of it ourselves and we also use envirowrap on some of our jobs , il usually try to do roof in shrink and side skirts in sheeting
example 50m x 2m roll of monerflex = 100 m2 - cost 35.00 material , 20 to fit £55 cost
100m2 of shrinkwrap £650.00

big difference!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think it's how you sell it to the client and what the job is... Front of a house for bit render cleaning no change compared to front of a shop say city centre then it wins hands down for me

very true and i have won jobs on the back of shrinkwrap , we do it in house usualy so the cost is less , but say for example on a big tempory roof ect then the difference in price can run into £0000

couple this year

The Orangery , Teddington National Physics Laboratory

Attachments

• IMG_0789.jpg
    IMG_0789.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 32
Very True Scaffy,

The cost can be greater there is no point trying to pretend that its not the case however it all depends on the location as mentioned and its purpose, the purpose of Shrink wrap is containment remember not only cosmetic and its far superior than any clipped sheeting method at containing debris and material contamination when in a public environment, if you are selling your services to provide an elevated level of containment and giving your client peace of mind that they have a sealed environment instead of a member of the public wearing a dusty hair net then you will generally find that it is an easier sell, also it is far more versatile than sheeting and can be adapted far easier as building work evolves...

I would agree the private home builder is not so worried about contamination but with temp roofs its saves all the lugging of tin sheets and doesn't cancel out the light that they need during the works so there are definate benefits.

Always mixed feelings on the product and I enjoy hearing the feed back its only right to accept both sides as I know it can be hard justifying the elevated costs so it is a case of understanding the benefits which do become clear once used and outweigh the concerns.

ol yes it looks good , we did a small shrink job in london and then pulled the orangery and a project in cannon street off on the strength of it (160k of work) just a shame they then went skint and lost 56k !!!!!!!!!

I did originally use the product of another member on here but found it to be problematic as it went very powdery when heated we now use another brand and have no problem

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Designers dont like it tho do they !!!

loolks the dog shrink wrap like but me if iw ere yo put it up and didnt hav e fresh flat finish and had the littlest wrinkel ad have to starts agin with it like lol it would p1ss me right off lol but supose after a few head ackes with it yad just fink fek it its doping its job lol

Sca.... You do fine work.. Ya had a good bunch of boys on the prospect & guardian in InverG, ye did a fine job,,, oh...and another fine job in cork... But regardless to that... I suppose at the end of the day, at what cost will the client be willing to shell out to pay for shrink wrap. I wish you the very best.

Cheers Anto, good to see our guys make a good impression! They said they bumped into somebody they knew from Ireland !

We did recieve outstanding comments from the location which was great for us.

Your welcome sca.... I hear the Brian Boru bridge is being erected in about 2 weeks, I believe ye have quoted for that... If I,m home by then I'll be on it.. Might catch up with one or two of your boys...

Very True Scaffy,

The cost can be greater there is no point trying to pretend that its not the case however it all depends on the location as mentioned and its purpose, the purpose of Shrink wrap is containment remember not only cosmetic and its far superior than any clipped sheeting method at containing debris and material contamination when in a public environment, if you are selling your services to provide an elevated level of containment and giving your client peace of mind that they have a sealed environment instead of a member of the public wearing a dusty hair net then you will generally find that it is an easier sell, also it is far more versatile than sheeting and can be adapted far easier as building work evolves...

I would agree the private home builder is not so worried about contamination but with temp roofs its saves all the lugging of tin sheets and doesn't cancel out the light that they need during the works so there are definate benefits.

Always mixed feelings on the product and I enjoy hearing the feed back its only right to accept both sides as I know it can be hard justifying the elevated costs so it is a case of understanding the benefits which do become clear once used and outweigh the concerns.

I take from your quote above that you do all the final sealing within your tenders, as my pervious experiance has left the scaffold company to deal with this issue which can be costly.

The option should always be transparent and it should be the case that a containment encapsulation business should indicate a cost and leave the option to the scaffold contractor to decide what level is required..

This way final seal shouldn't be a surprise to either..

No fear round this way now SCA, not after watching your 2 good guy's Shaun and Jack who did a minted job for us today. Pity they couldn't understand a word we said.:laugh::laugh:

Sorry Andy I meant to get back to you to let you know but all is good and it turned out really well, thanks for the tip. I'm hoping it could lead to a bit more.;)

Top Bottom