safety officers

SevenSixteen

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen a safety officer get knocked out yet? I know they are here for our safety but some of the **** they come out with is bordering on laughable. Wont be long before one of the safety plods gets floored on my current site.

Heard plenty threats but never seen one go down yet, seen a few managers go down faster than a smoggie hooker though. :D

heard of a few and seen plenty of scaffs whacking fook out of each other . i think its getting less and less likely with the way the law looks at violence . most of them could do with a slap and even more would wet there neatly ironed briefs

Had two young gay safety chaps decide they wanted to have a butchers at the job I was putting up. "Are you ok up there" He asks as I was stood about 1 metre off a deck, upon a steel. "Yes I am" I reply.... I am sure you know where this is going already.... It annoys me that they get paid a wage and breathe the oxygen around me.

A job wont go up with out brickies, scaffs, sparkies etc but will go up with out safety nobs.

Oh and anything longer than 8ft has to carried by two people..... how twatish is that.

Site is Blackfriars station in London

sound like a proper pair of ***** , theres loads of them . but as much as i hate to admit it i v met a lot of decent ones lately as well . you know the winkers got bullied at school and most of them are ginger and still sleep with there ma .but a lot are just doing there job

I have come across a few good safety officers (the older ones who know what is good safety and what is "clown" safety) but mostly now coming across younglings that want be the lord of the manor and get involved.

It reminds of being back at school in the playground. The teacher watching everyone and ready the blow their whistle.

You are quite entitled to ask them to justify what they are saying and prove it.

Most safety officers only implement the companies health & safety policies of the firms they work for.

If you do not like that policy,take it up with your on site safety commitee or rep.What you do not have a safety rep,then elect one,this is your right.Or feck off and get a job with a cowboy outfit

Only being told once by a young idiot what he was going to do to me,said to him "Get on with it,but do not expect me to stand here and let you" He walked off fecking muttering with his mates laughing at him. :sad2:

Not in my experience, if it's not like the pretty picture in the book they don't recognise it. I made the mistake of bringing a copy of tg20 down to site once to let them read the text but because our ladders were slightly different to the pictures we had to change them all. I tried and tried to explain it was the basis for design but it fell on deaf ears. Good and bad in all trades including our own but it can be frustrating dealing with the college graduates.

Oh and anything longer than 8ft has to carried by two people..... how twatish is that.

Site is Blackfriars station in London

Days or Nights?

I was there on nights about 6 months ago... the safety aspect was crazy then and ive heard days are even worse, lol.

2 men to a 13ft tube and stuff.
You MUST continue to wear your safety glasses even in the pouring rain, even though its more dangerous to do so and gloves to be worn, even if your just walking about.

Ive never seen Safety - so over the top, as it is there.
The site is almost ridiculous, lol.

I feel your pain Spanner.

If you risk and method statements have been accepted by the contractor then I'd betelling them ...

1 We didn't use 2 men to carry 13ft tube when we did our scaffold training , so are you telling us to not work to how we were trained.

2 If safety glasses are causing a hazard when working in the rain then get your safety advisor to send them an email asking for dispensation. If an accident occurs due to this hazard you then have it documented.

If their coming the tw@t ask them to back up what they are saying and put it in writing.

If you risk and method statements have been accepted by the contractor then I'd betelling them ...

1 We didn't use 2 men to carry 13ft tube when we did our scaffold training , so are you telling us to not work to how we were trained.

2 If safety glasses are causing a hazard when working in the rain then get your safety advisor to send them an email asking for dispensation. If an accident occurs due to this hazard you then have it documented.

If their coming the tw@t ask them to back up what they are saying and put it in writing.

or do what most scaffolders do when its rainning get in the van or cabin:laugh:

Has anyone ever seen a safety officer get knocked out yet? I know they are here for our safety but some of the **** they come out with is bordering on laughable. Wont be long before one of the safety plods gets floored on my current site.

You wana be careful what you wish for spannerbitch there are some ex Scaff safety officers out there like my self who break the mould of your average clip board Cliff Safety Officer. I am 15 stone fit, pragmatic and approachable & as previously mentioned you dont get a face like this with running...........:mad::p

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

I have been in the fun police for 4 years now & got assaulted last Febuary by a numty steel fixer I let the prick butt me, he also smacked me 4 times in front of 20 nightshift employees while i held my hands on my hips (was thinking about my wife & kids at the time) my only word was is that your best.... why didn't he offer ask me the opportunity to ablige his short comings outside the gates???

I seen the cu*t in the local supermarket some months later & suggested going outside not for a straiterner but for a fair set to in a non work environment he declined. next day I had the old bill at the door asking why I had initiated trouble with the asailant.

*****ing joke but hey thats life............When you cross over to the dark side & become a member of the fun POLICE..........:eek::eek:

Top Bottom