safety netting

b-safe1

Reaction score
safety netting can a advance scaffolder erect safety netting or not, we have got some hand rails to do and we have been asked if we can do the netting we have not had a lot to do with this before cheers.

Faset have a look on there website dude

you CAN erect netting on a perimeter handrail, in the same way as you would erect debri netting on a scaffold, a part 1 up, should be competent to do this

You CANNOT erect/dismantle any netting that is designed to arrest the fall of personel or debri, and contain it within the net, or in other words a load bearing net.

As already stated FASAT are the experts for all things net's.There are specific courses on hanging nets to gain the skills and show you are competent.

cheers for that just look on there site, more money more tickets, i have been told you get good money for erecting net so may thick about it.

Nets used to be good money but there are a lot of companies in it now driving down the prices

Then you have in some cases, the hire of cherry pickers, and all the nets have to be tested on a yearly basis.

Not sure but I think it is a two day course for your net rigging ticket :wondering:

Looked into it before and took it to be a nil earner !! Lots to stock more training and all that jazz

i done all the safety netting stuff and its ok but no better than scaffolding money wise earning, and as scaffolding good lads or bad lads have big effect they make you or break you

i done all the safety netting stuff and its ok but no better than scaffolding money wise earning, and as scaffolding good lads or bad lads have big effect they make you or break you

did it a few years back it was a good earner then but just like rigger said to many at it now so ive let my card slip but in answer to your question you need to be qualified to erect netting but you can take them down if your not a netter

Last edited:
horrible job , the firm i was on for had us doing them without tickets , it wasnt too bad the first few times when the nets were bought to fit the job but after that they had us tieing them together and a night mare it was . i cut one once to get my scaffold up and the site gaffer went off it , expensive ?

safety netting can a advance scaffolder erect safety netting or not, we have got some hand rails to do and we have been asked if we can do the netting we have not had a lot to do with this before cheers.
Make sure you let your insurer's know you're doing the safety netting so they can extend your policy to cover if you haven't already done so :)

Top Bottom