Safety Harness Train the Trainer Course??

Oi!

Reaction score
Does anyone know of where provides a Safety Harness Train the Trainer course?

not sure what course you are after, is it just inspecting the harness?

try googling Safety Harness Train the Trainer course:idea:

Thanks Hatter, but tried that.

I'm looking for a course that will teach one of our (more educated) lads to be able to teach others how to safely wear and use a harness and lanyard. There seems to be shortage of anything out there unless you are IPAF training centre etc.

Any ideas?

Does anyone know of where provides a Safety Harness Train the Trainer course?

Any trainer will do this for you. I was on a course a while back for confined space training and we got chatting about harnesses and he reckoned we could already do our own inspections. He ran through it with me and he seemed to think there was a bigger problem with ill-fitting harnesses and people not wearing them right. To be honest, we still send them away for inspecting just because you don't want to cut corners when it could save a life but the danger is they just fail them every time they want to sell you a new one.

I have done a "Train the Trainer" course for Manual Handling,(3days with Training 2000)

I was informed that the only way to inspect harnesses and sign them off as fit for use,apart from personel use, was to take the courses offered by each harnesses manufacturer as all the harnesses are of different design and strengths.

All new harnesses carry a user manual,with full details of use and inspection details, as required by legislation If your scaffolders cannot read and follow these instructions I have doubts that they should be wearing a harness in the first place

As aom states to be fully covered in the case of a failure of a harness. Is to return it to a specielist and obtain a "Fit for Use"cert. from them

Top Bottom