Rubbish chutes made from scaffold and boards

wakey1512

Reaction score
Is it common practice during jobs like roof resurfacing to use a rubbish chute made from scaffold and wooden boards? Ive only ever seen the plastic bucket and chain link chutes but the local school is getting a roof job and ive never seen anything like it before!

Any pictures of said chute so i know we are on about the same thing lol

Yes have done a fair few i have no pics but they are easily made

Yes was the only way to do it before the plastic chutes came about , usually 3 boards wide all round, with 4x2 timber screwed in all round to box it in and to sit on the tube work .

wakey- what are your concerns, its an old school practice that was widley used before plastic chutes were devoloped - however saying that its still used now but not as often, especially for when the debris and rubbish you need to get down is bigger than a rubbish chute hopper, think it shows the company are being responsible by at least putting one up as they take a lot more time to put up than a plastic chute,and a lot more safer than throwing the rubbish off the roof

i have no concerns its just something i havent seen before! Indeed it shows the company (lees from bourne) are very innovative

they have even created the chute so a walkway comes out from the building due to a steep slant infront of the building and the chute starts infront of it, they have the entire structure house a skip at the bottom, its quite impressive stuff actually

seems like they are using a lot of t clips as they arent using the method philios described, they are tieing the boards directly to the tubes. Its 5 boards wide

Although i have noticed that there is an absence of braces on the entire structure

One's I have done in the past have also had galvanised sheet lining, makes things go down easier

No gravity problem with this version

No gravity problem with this version

Done some chutes similar but 8ftx8ft x100ft, ok until the Demo lads started sending everthing down them and smashing fook out of the boards nightmare having to replace the broken boards. The skip driver used to do his best to pull it over as well.

now there is a proper chute i personally think these are better than the plastic ones

Top Bottom