Rotator cuff

Anto

Reaction score
How many off you lads suffer from shoulder ailments , due to repetitive spanner action etc etc. and if so, have any of ye had medical attention, ie surgery etc.

My 2 shoulders give me terrible grief... Even when I'm at home on leave, as I am now... It fcuking kills me.... I can't throw a stik for the dog, I'd be fcuker throwing a punch at a deserving recipient .

Is there a doctor In the house?:sick:

S-T-R-E-T-C-H, it's the only answer Anto, well that and a change of diet, more water and no smokes. FFS, I would rather have a sore shoulder.

I use codeine phosphate pain killers,two of them down your neck,ready for owt.

I suffer the same anto, unfortunatly unless you want to go throu surgery and 11 - 15 weeks off work theres no cure. last time i went to the quaks he told me i was to give up scaffolding..well you can imagine what my reply was...

I'll suffer in silence then... I'll give up fixing when I'm dead. I'll do a christy brown and use me left foot.

No need to suffer or give up anything, try the stretches, the correct stretches for your injury. Worth a go if you are that bad, book an appointment with a chiropractor, keep an old back young. Plenty don't like them, but if your injury is serious he will set you on the road recovery.

Now listen to Alistair Anto. The less you use your arms the more the muscle wastage. No pain no gain.

No need to suffer or give up anything, try the stretches, the correct stretches for your injury. Worth a go if you are that bad, book an appointment with a chiropractor, keep an old back young. Plenty don't like them, but if your injury is serious he will set you on the road recovery.

Thanks for that positive feedback Alistair ... I won't procrastinate on that issue . I'm pretty sure, that if I don't deal with it whilst its fresh , it will be bite me even more later on.... Ps.. I have quit boxing for the time being too.... I can't even box eggs.:D

Just had ac joint surgery in march although
Mine was caused by a seatbelt after being
Hit up the arse at 60mph in work van while
Sitting stationary in traffic and I was a passenger!!!
Gradually easing myself back into work but
Must admit dont think I will ever get the strength
Back in my shoulder as I had before!

suffered past 10yrs with shoulder pain, had operation last november and still out, had tendons re grafted and bone taken away from nerve ending, think my scaffolding days are over.

Is it your carrying shoulder that you have had the grief with sun xv?

That's right swifty, years of humping gear around caused compression on shoulder blade, now still no better since op in november pal, wished i'd just never had it done.

suffered past 10yrs with shoulder pain, had operation last november and still out, had tendons re grafted and bone taken away from nerve ending, think my scaffolding days are over.

Fcukin hell.... Sorry to hear that... :sad:.... I need to watch myself... And I suppose everybody out there will need to mind how they go...especially if your a long term fixer....

I have a massage or physio every 5 to 6 weeks to keep the back and shoulders loose and supple. It certainly helps. You just need to find a decent one.

When the cartilage in your shoulders gets damaged it is irreversible. The more you ignore it and carry on working the more damage you do.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Do you think I'm on here every night because I love scaffolding?
It's because the pains in my neck and shoulder keep me awake all 'kin night.

Top Bottom