Roof saddle

jambo82

Reaction score
Hi lads i built a saddle last week i rakered of the main scaffold is that correct.

thats fine mate just make sure your top lift is tied properly , and your saddle will be tied around the stack anyways

Personally if its a ridge stack and your ledgers are resting on it then your fine but if they are dropping the stack below the roof and its in the middle of a roof with your tie behind it I would spur it up and butress raker the back two standards on your independent, in my experience roofers are a better laugh but just as thick as bricklayers ;)

One of the boys that works with me always wants to pick up from the main job but to be honest I find it easier just to punch a standard from below. I suppose it depends on where exactly the chimney is and the pitch of the roof.

I hope you got a structural engineer to provide the safe working load on the roof trusses before placing any scaffold on it, wouldn't want it to be non compliant and void any insurance claims if needed.

Anybody ever had this problem?

No mate I know where your coming from but when I let that amount of middle class scaremongering bllshit into my life and not fight tooth and nail against it I will stick a round right through the roof of my mouth.....if my experience counts for so little then put the thing up yourself mr homeowner ;)

I hope you got a structural engineer to provide the safe working load on the roof trusses before placing any scaffold on it, wouldn't want it to be non compliant and void any insurance claims if needed.

Anybody ever had this problem?

We put on our quotes that the contractor must ensure that the roof is capable of withstanding the self weight of the structure and any load he plans to place upon it, although obviously they are handed over as light duty. We also use the old although every care will be taken we cannot guarantee that some repairs may be necessary once we remove our saddle tubes which must be done by others at their cost.

dont be a fergie casting a shadow,and do boost your cash income with finders fee's/job leads,;) What will be the name of the new company when alls done??

Not sure I know how not to cast a shadow while staying close enough to price a few jobs for them. I have already passed a few jobs their way I priced already but only want to see them do well in return. I think the new outfit is to be known as STB.

we've never really had a terms and conditions aom, Did you write your own or did you get a consultant to sort yours?

Not sure I know how not to cast a shadow while staying close enough to price a few jobs for them. I have already passed a few jobs their way I priced already but only want to see them do well in return. I think the new outfit is to be known as STB.

was jesting Al. Is it your wee mate taken over, hope he does well, of course its in all interests to see your old firm succeed. cast that shadow.

I know Fred but your not far off the mark. I'm trying desperately to stay away from it but I did do a wee intervention today but I could just see bother coming the way they were heading. To be fair, it's all been imposed on them by necessity but you know what they say about that. ;)

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

we've never really had a terms and conditions aom, Did you write your own or did you get a consultant to sort yours?

I built them up over time then cads supplied a half decent set with smart scaff. Things like foundations should be highlighted in the quote as well though.

Whats the crack with using alloy tube "scaffs gold" for stack jobs? Obiously for light duty i e repointing, flaunching, lead work etc. Do many scaffs use it on roof work?

we use them a lot but your meant to have a design for any scaffold with an aluminium tube in it

Top Bottom