Ronald E Brand

RedViking

Reaction score
A couple of pictures from '' Falsework and Access Scaffolds in Tubular Steel '' by Ronald E Brand who is Jo Brands Father.

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 74
I had that edition years ago, brilliant technical book. I lost it :sick: Iv tried to source it over the years but to no evail, where can I get a copy ?

I had that edition years ago, brilliant technical book. I lost it :sick: Iv tried to source it over the years but to no evail, where can I get a copy ?

Found a copy on the net a couple of weeks ago ...£90 !! This one is my Dads .

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

**** i'm good:love::love:....Falsework and Access Scaffolds in Tubular Steel by Ronald E Brand (Used, New, Out-of-Print) - Alibris

Redviking, Thats the Scaffolders Bible for real, as I recall it got all the old school fittings in drawing form with the slip tests ect, even bending moments of the reveal tie. it was decades before its time. a truely brilliant peice of work and still relevant to scaffolders to day. your a fortunate Man to have access and fortunate still to have your father to pass down the Scaffolding Techniques of years past.
a nice drawing of a wrap over 1 of only 2 putlog couplers with one bolt that got a comparison of a load bearing fitting. thanks for posting brings back good memories.

Redviking, Thats the Scaffolders Bible for real, as I recall it got all the old school fittings in drawing form with the slip tests ect, even bending moments of the reveal tie. it was decades before its time. a truely brilliant peice of work and still relevant to scaffolders to day. your a fortunate Man to have access and fortunate still to have your father to pass down the Scaffolding Techniques of years past.
a nice drawing of a wrap over 1 of only 2 putlog couplers with one bolt that got a comparison of a load bearing fitting. thanks for posting brings back good memories.

My Dad was 59 last week and he still does more Sundays than the pope !! He has taught me everything I know.:)

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

I think someone at NASC had a flick through this before publishing TG20:blink1:

A few more..
The last picture ,the table how close is it to the new TG20 table ???

Attachments

• 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 38
  • 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 49
Redviking, I am 1 year younger that your Father and still at it to, old is gold lolooo, keep erecting for as long as you can, because when you trade in your belt for a breif case you lose the edge and a lot more besides, been there, done it,now back on the keys again.

T.G. thats a feckin laugh :laugh:, I have no doubt that data from Brands book has been plegerised or refferanced by the nasc, there really is nothing new under the sun and that includes scaffold erecting.

I Have an SGB Manual from the 80s. It has Around 300 odd pages it looks similar to this. Ill upload some pics later.

nice one red viking , is that sgb book the little yellow book

hello mate that pic that takes the four tube kind of resembles that fitting i posted in the albums cheers

is that the mills one for dolly towers

I remember this book from my sgb days , handy bit of kit even today . It would be great if you could upload it Decromax .
On the subject of old fellas still at it (erecting scaffolding that is) my old man is 62 and still grafting away puting the younguns to shame . Still moans if their aint a Sunday on .

Top Bottom