RIP young Rodders

manniewinaename

Reaction score
Found out today that wee Roddy Macdonald died from the dreaded big C.
He was wi Aberdeen Scaffolding Co. for years, starting on the Brent Bravo hook-up when he worked wi Gilly Norwood, also departed, and the great Scout as foreman. The Scout sadly died on Piper Alpha. Been ill for a long time but never complained. Great mate wi never a bad word to say about anyone or anything. I will miss him.:sad2:

condolances family and freinds rip

My old man is Eddie Stephenson who worked for Aberdeen Scaffolding in the 80s , he was on the ninian feild and a lot of other fields .

Mannie

Sad news indeed, I often had a bucket wi wee Roddy, I mind when he left the Trawling and started with Aberdeen Scaffolding, he was part of the Newton Hill Mafia, Gilly Norwood, John Rush ect---aye happy days---we all worked together on the Brent B and other Northern Operations in the very early 70's, that long ago I cana remember the year never mind the date---the days when there was no harnesses, working over the side in the middle of the night blowin a hoolie, nae gloves, army blankets on the bunks, whats if yi were lucky to get a bunk.

Consonances to Family and Friends

RIP Roddy wee Man...

aye, Paddy M8---and there was lads form Newcastle, Sunderland and I particularly remember a Scaffolder from Jarra by the Name of Kevin McGoldrick---great bunch of Guys---hard workers, hard drinkers and hard Men and never took nae lip fae nae c*nt.

Jist passed mi UK Offshore Medical, doing my Survival ( again :cry: ) 26,27 and 28th April---then back oot again...

Fae yer Paaal in the North

Gar...

aye, Paddy M8---and there was lads form Newcastle, Sunderland and I particularly remember a Scaffolder from Jarra by the Name of Kevin McGoldrick---great bunch of Guys---hard workers, hard drinkers and hard Men and never took nae lip fae nae c*nt.

Jist passed mi UK Offshore Medical, doing my Survival ( again :cry: ) 26,27 and 28th April---then back oot again...

Fae yer Paaal in the North

Gar...

Gar you have been there, and designed the T-Shirt, feck that, pull up a chair on the Beach, Bro. Have a word with SF admin, and get a 40 hr a week job, as assistant Admin/ technical director or adviser.:D

PMSL na Paddy M8---I'll be Scaffolding till my Spanner drops from my nerveless grarp---bury me at sea---lash me to a Long un and send me to Neptune Scaffolding...

Still work to be done regarding Offshore Procedures ;)

Scaffs Rule :eek:

Gar...

Top Bottom