Rip utn!

• Thread starter scaffoldingsafetyservices
  • Start date
S

scaffoldingsafetyservices

It is with great sadness that I bring this news that UTN in Wakefield went into administration. They have been bought out by AFI and will continue training in the main building but the training in the scaffold, Renewable energy, confind space ect will not no longer continue. As that workshop will be closed. This centre will alway have a massive place in my heart and I hope somebody will see the protential of such a good training centre.
I feel so sorry for Mr Roberts who has been such a great manager and has worked his socks off to give so many scaffolders 1 of the best training centres in the UK.
RIP UTN.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Will we see a Simian or Safety & Access Wakefield branch soon I wonder?

Got my first step on the ladder at UTN, still passed me when i was coked off my head all those years ago. Money making company and thats it, nothing to see here, move along now.

It's not nice to see anyone lose their job or business but there are too many training centres and the only way they will stay in business is at the scaffolder's expense.

Swifty your in a way I know what your saying on this matter but mr Roberts is and always has been a st8 guy. U always knew from the start what you was getting and what you'd get in return. Yes at times they have made maybe alot of money and at other times run at a loss for you guys to run the courses. When I'm telling you this is a tragedy for the scaffolding training industry it is, trust me.
I have and all ways will hold alot of respect for the guy, if it hadnt been for him and he got into trouble for me fighting my corner then I wouldnt be at the level I'm at today.

THANK YOU UTN

Charlotte's arse will be missed by all. Lol. Soz I've been asked to put that bit in. Pmsl.

VLLB who was the instructor as they did random d&a testing so I find that hard to believe unless you was selling audi's.

Last edited:
Well thats that, serves them right, gave expert opinion when my son was in a battle for compensation after a accident for the other sides insurance and stated Very few scaffolders retun and complete training. Result his claim was adjusted to account for him never finishing his training and not reaching full pay status.He was on life support for 8 days and took 2 years to finally walk again, I hope the B~~~~~~ds take twice as long to recover and never earn another penny.

Its the scaffolders who are half way through their qualifications I feel sorry for. I suggest anyone who has been registered for their NVQ with UTN gets in touch with them and requests their portfolio back.

Swifty your in a way I know what your saying on this matter but mr Roberts is and always has been a st8 guy. U always knew from the start what you was getting and what you'd get in return. Yes at times they have made maybe alot of money and at other times run at a loss for you guys to run the courses. When I'm telling you this is a tragedy for the scaffolding training industry it is, trust me.
I have and all ways will hold alot of respect for the guy, if it hadnt been for him and he got into trouble for me fighting my corner then I wouldnt be at the level I'm at today.

THANK YOU UTN

Charlotte's arse will be missed by all. Lol. Soz I've been asked to put that bit in. Pmsl.

VLLB who was the instructor as they did random d&a testing so I find that hard to believe unless you was selling audi's.

Don't know mate was over ten years ago

My mate told me to drop on hear and say that if you have any bother with your part 2s or other scaffolding stuff not to worry but to get in touch with that bird Lisa that now works at Astra Training and she will sort out any scaffolding probs would hate to see any of my mates hung out to dry without there cards

Top Bottom