right or wrong

nelly58

Reaction score
if a scaffold company paid for my part 1 course and i decided to leave that company 6 months later would they be right to bill me for the cost of the course :blink:

Depends if u have signed anything mate, double check ur contract with a fine comb if nothing u should be in the clear ;)

:mad:Dont be such a wanye cur show a bit of loyalty u mug or fvck off & pay for ur own course....i fvckin hate leaches especially ones new to the game:notrust:

F,ucking certainly right, you want things done to help you so you should repay the favour and not f,uck off at the first opportunity, no wonder it's hard to get put through anything these days,

In fairness boys on a small firm where u see the owner every day and have a more personal relationship with him and he puts u thru ur tickets and then do one then yeah that's bang out of order but if not and it's a big one and you get offered a better job elsewhere in truth who wouldnt take it?????

All I'm saying is there is 2 sides to every story interested to see his side now lol

I must be fortunate then, cos my firm have put me through my advanced, smsts, first aid and haki courses and i dont have to pay one dime back. Not that im leaving but to know i dont have to pay back is a great relief.

If you have a signed contract and leave they can claim back expenses its called claw back and carries weight if you have a signed contract

I Must Be The Unlucky One Then, No Company Has Ever Put Me Through Any Training Course (Mind You It Means You Dont Owe Anybody Anything)

Nope ow no fecker, no where. Im grateful for what they've done cos i wouldnt ov done it myself. And as a scaffolder/ supervisor it opened my eyes alot more to what the industry has to hold for us boys, only if they treat it with the same respect i have.

Seems men use companies to get their tickets and do one but if the employer has covered his arse the trainee is fecked As a company if you cross the Ts an dot the I,s the company is more than covered in my experience most never read the small print because they have one alterior motive and that is to do one once cards are gained showing little respect for the employers time expense and tight schedule on having to lose a man for two weeks says it all really who would want to train someone up with this blahzae attitude and yes the grass is always greener on the other side I don't think so.

If all companies clawed the money back SGB would be millionaires

There may be something wrong with a companies pay scale for the market they are in if they have a poor retention record.

Nothing wrong with a young guy spreading their wings, the chances are it will only be half as good as they expect anyway.

you dont need to repay a dime it would be an ideal world if we all could stay put in the same job forever and show loyalty,im sure you have repaid the course fee with your sweat and toil best of luck on your new venture.

What's up with you CB, long time since I have heard anything from you. What's been happening?

all quiet on the western front allister still pop the head in from time to time mate see your still guiding the scaffolding world in the right direction though good work mate hope trades brisk with yourself,has the weather begun to play up yet??cb

Big time. We left the yard at 6 to get to a job on mull only for the skipper to bottle it at 8 due to the wind. Pretty much a day wasted. We have a tidal job on another island that must come down next week but the effin tide is not expected to go out all week so god knows how I get round that one, not sure if the nasc did a guidance note on the safe use of jet ski's at work.

We did have a quiet spell a while back but it is now back to the usual frenzy.

Your we pal Strachan seems to be doing the trick.

pmsl im sure you wont be getting your m&s socks damp.......things seem to haave picked up nicely,not everywhere mind you.aye the wee mans put is arm round a few of them a think but how long to some club start to take a wee shine to his good work??

If all companies clawed the money back SGB would be millionaires

the street sector may of when sgb were in there prime. I was in the industrial sector in the 80s and they didn't spend a penny on training but when you look back the money was good. will say one thing capes are the ones for the free training they may be poor hourly rate payers but the training and courses they paye for are spot on

im am a advanced scaffolder . im on this site where this part 1 scaff is still being treated like a **** and he asked me this question so i decided to put it out there. obviously some of you like kissing the gaffers arse

Top Bottom