Reply to "Trad Clowns"

T

TRAD Recruitment

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. It is always important to prevent potential accidents or incidents by highlighting Near Misses, and this issue was closed out as soon as it became known.

No company is ever infallible, so it is vitally important for all Scaffold Contractors to know about potential issues immediately – and certainly not by finding out about a potential accident in a roundabout fashion, especially through a Forum email thread.

Imagine how anyone in the Forum would feel if one of their loved ones were hurt in an accident and it later turns out that someone spent more time taking and uploading photos, rather than picking up the phone to make something safe? It would be seen as irresponsible and not a good reflection on the Forum, whose members try to promote best practice.

The responsible thing to do is to contact the Scaffold Contractor yourself – ideally, we’d always appreciate being contacted directly by phone (020 8980 1155) or by text on our Near Miss Text Line (07860 021 792) – so that we can quickly close out issues.

Posts such as “Trad Clowns”, or other derogatory titles of all the scaffold companies you all work for and Trad supplies, do nothing other than lower the credibility of such posts, and their senders, and the members of this forum as a whole, this is unfair on the vast majority who are all trying to raise professionalism in the industry as a whole.

Perhaps, it is time for all professional scaffold companies to take a greater interest in the scaffold forum and we will be recommending that all of our present workforce join, to put time and effort into improving the website and increase its appeal and professionalism, and to that end Trad have decided to sponsor the Scaffolders Forum website.

Well said,it can only be a good thing for the forum that some of the big boys grace these pages with their presence,hopefully others will follow,it always makes me cringe to see company's named in a derogatory manor on a public forum without the chance of correcting the mistake first,i'm sure no one would want the hse alerted and the consequences that may be incurred prior to any mistakes being corrected:cool:

Well done trad! Some good pro active thinking there. Many a company would of just not replied but you did and pointed out a huge problem in the industry and how it can be easily sorted

To b fair when i was self employed trad was the inly mob who delivered materials on time and never let us down once unlike some other natiinwide outfits i could mention..

Sounds like back peddling and blame shifting to me. The onus is on Joe public (scaffolder or otherwise) to highlight the issue and phone it in is it? What about the guy that inspected the job and signed off the scaff tag? That should be the point here but everyone seems too busy gushing their pants because Trad have graced the forum with their (condescending) presence.

Sounds like back peddling and blame shifting to me. The onus is on Joe public (scaffolder or otherwise) to highlight the issue and phone it in is it? What about the guy that inspected the job and signed off the scaff tag? That should be the point here but everyone seems too busy gushing their pants because Trad have graced the forum with their (condescending) presence.

You're quite correct regarding the supervisor who signs the job off or does the inspections,but I do think we shouldn't be so quick to slag off fellow scaff's work,we should be tighter as an industry,unite against the problem's that make our job even harder than it needs to be,instead everyone seems to want slag each other off:(

I applaud Trad for standing up for themselves as for the scaffold inspector missing the said item anyone can make a mistake, that's why the put rubbers on pencils

Thats the whole point in that we believe its everyones responsibility to report near misses,something we as Company actively encourage and we publish the results on how we have performed each Month on our web site under " Play it Safe "

That wasn't how I read it.

I think they are just asking to be informed next time.

well said,most "macho" scaffs too quick to criticise other peoples work as if they are perfect,always annoyed me about this industry

Very true jig but hey most ppl like that aint got a life outside of work and genuinly got nothing better to do to my knowledge mate worked with lots like that. :mad: I'd rather encourage and help ppl than put em down myself

Most common phrase of most street scaffolders " Fu ck it that will do " its very easy to blame the inspectors or the supervisors for not spotting something , at the end of the day we all make mistakes. I have worked for Trads a few times and was always paid well with trailers on time and what you asked for on the trailer, from what i have seen they always do their best to do the job right.

I agree.
Even though it was a long time ago, when i worked for them, their logistics were second-to-none.

Spotless Lorries.
Excellent Fittings.
Brand new Boards.
Exact sized and newly painted Tubes.
Always on time, when asked for and when needed.

Brilliant.
Only AllTask was on par with them. From my experience.

Their MD was (and apparently still is) a knob though.

i have only ever heard good of trad and was heasding down to the big smoke to work for them about 10 years ago,but i got a better offer which they accepted without the usual sulk.
On the inspector side its very easy to find fault in anyones scaffold,but HOW MANY INSPECTORS actually climb a ladder and walk the job every 7 days not many most just sign and date ;)
AS FOR BITCHING SLAGGING AND NAME CALLING IT WOULDNT BE THE FORUM WITHOUT IT:eek:

Perhaps, it is time for all professional scaffold companies to take a greater interest in the scaffold forum and we will be recommending that all of our present workforce join, to put time and effort into improving the website and increase its appeal and professionalism, and to that end Trad have decided to sponsor the Scaffolders Forum website.

Welcome to the forum, your's will be a welcome presence, but don't expect a leopard to change it's spots.

Top Bottom