refreshers!!! is it just me?

L

lasereye

is it just me or are we all being robbed blind? every course we do nowadays only lasts a few years then back for a refresher! its really winding me up. the usual answer is new regs etc , but i get all the info on that from the toolbox talks (aka friday threat)....safety passports only last a couple of years and then ya back , parting with another hundred quid. same with plant tickets hiabs , forklift etc its a feckin scandal..even the DVLA has got in on it, they just told me i have to pay £20 because my photo,s over ten years old ..bollox its just another moneymaker...and its getting worse ....were being hammered because they know we HAVE to pay.....rant over ...any thoughts:mad:

Totally agree. If its hse issues you should just be able to log on to hse website to read any update and then agree that you have read and understood and tick the box. All updates could also be sent to employers to pass on infomation via a tool box talk. This training and training again has just gone mad. I think all my training is out of date and thats a lot of training gone to waste.
Advanced citb
chargehand ecitb
Scaffold inspection (done twice)
Asbestos training (managing)
mewps
first aid (done this three times)
hoists
permits
confined spaces
slinger banksman
The only one that still valid is my 100m breast stroke

Last edited:
cisrs advanced from 2014 I believe. before you renew.

Yeah it's a con.
So far this year I've had to renew my
EUSR
First aid
Safety passport
My PASMAs due but feck that!
& my Assi awareness is running out to, apparently this has to be done annually now!
I'm just glad my NEBOSH doesn't have a sell by date. The big pisserr with this qualification is the majority of the cards we need such as BESC, PTS, safety passport, EUSR etc you cover & only really need a site induction but still you have to keep spunkingg up the readies just to get some work. :mad:

and thats another thing....i know 2 lads who are on there part feckin one(citb advanced card holders) and they,ve got 60(thats SIXTY) years experience between them...ive only been in the game a few years and im more qualified than they are!!!!! why could,nt there have been some sort of assessment for the citb card holders , im sure this will have been mentioned on the forum at some point.and ive missed it...something has to be done.if all my cards ran out at the same time it would cost around 1200 quid to BE ABLE TO WORK!!!!caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnttttssssssssss lol

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

@Karlj711...jesus mate , how much do you reckon it cost ya??? plus theres the time off , travel etc bolloxxxx

and thats another thing....i know 2 lads who are on there part feckin one(citb advanced card holders) and they,ve got 60(thats SIXTY) years experience between them...ive only been in the game a few years and im more qualified than they are!!!!! why could,nt there have been some sort of assessment for the citb card holders , im sure this will have been mentioned on the forum at some point.and ive missed it...something has to be done.if all my cards ran out at the same time it would cost around 1200 quid to BE ABLE TO WORK!!!!caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnttttssssssssss lol

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

@Karlj711...jesus mate , how much do you reckon it cost ya??? plus theres the time off , travel etc bolloxxxx

http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/scaffolders-forum/2527-ecitb-scaffs-tkt.html

There you go Lasereye

He said CITB card holders I think Swifty !

They had till Dec 2010 to just swap them over for CISRS ones. If that date was missed it was appeal with a valid reason why you'd not done it or start from trainee again

cheers swifty , didnt have time to read all 1100 posts but got the impression that some sort of assessment would of solved things...its just not right !! its down to money plain and simple... whats next spanner testing? feckin belt inspections?? tape calibration... i really wouldnt be suprised...caaaants

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

yeah i meant ecitb mate...i can,t see through this red mist!

Whatever it takes to get our money:mad:and while it goes unnopposed it'll just carry on,but who's gonna oppose it all,certainly not nasc,they'll just endorse it, kerching,kerching:mad:we must be the most persecuted industry ever:mad:

Top Bottom