Recommending a scaffolding contractor

max

Reaction score
I am currently writing a web page on scaffolding contractors.
What advice would you's give on hiring a scaffolding contractor?
(apart from the get the cheapest,make sure they were trainers as they work faster etc etc )
Any help would be great
Thanks
Max.

Insured !!!!!
Cscs registerd operatives

They come 6 handed wearing orange boiler suits and chin straps on there hard hats , and of course they can speak English is a good start

I think you should list them alphabetically.:cool:

You'll never work in this town again Phil.:amuse:

yeah insurances,
cscs qualified workforce,
reputable , reputation for quality, reliability , safety and consideration for the public.

The nasc has just published a free guidance on exactly this topic my friend i have posted a link below, you might also want to add that good firms also or generally have the following certificates or memberships in SCCR, NASC, IIP, CHAS, although i must stress there are many many good quality companies that wont have the above.

NASC launch free guidance to help those appointing a scaffolding contractor

What advice would you's give on hiring a scaffolding contractor?
(apart from the get the cheapest,make sure they were trainers as they work faster etc etc )

"Apart from the get the cheapest, make sure they were trainers as they work faster etc etc" - Lmfao! :laugh:

NASC launch free guidance to aid the appointment and management of scaffolding contractors
In response to a high demand from industry, the NASC (National Access & Scaffolding Confederation) has launched a free specification document intended to provide guidance for all organisations (or individuals) who are responsible for appointing, monitoring or managing scaffolding contractors.

Produced specifically for Clients, Site/Project Managers, Agents, Surveyors, CDM Coordinators, Estimators, Planners and Designers the document provides detailed industry requirements on the current best practice for scaffolding contractors prior to working on site and what expectations are required once work has commenced. This document would also be suitable as a protocol template for all scaffolding works and could be used to accompany any Tender or Pre-Qualification document.

The risk of an accident or injury to either operatives or the general public can be greatly reduced by factually knowing what to demand from your scaffolding contractor at every stage of the process.

Gerry Cooper, NASC President states “Non-regulated scaffolding contractors could get away with anything, if you let them! This guidance arms those responsible for using scaffolders with the facts and allows them to insist on latest best practice”

The 15 pages of criteria are intended to improve the quality of all scaffold structures erected on any site and in accordance with current legislation, guidance and protocol. The content includes…

•Scaffold types
•Regulations, codes of practice and best practice
•Competence
•Scaffolders Safety and PPE
•Scaffolding design
•Minimum scaffold requirements
•Scaffold handover and statutory inspections
•Risk assessments and method statements
•Summary of Scaffolder cards
•Scaffold inspection reporting
The NASC encourage anybody not using a regulated scaffolding contractor to adopt this guidance as soon as possible in an attempt to move all scaffolding companies up to a position of current best practice, legislation and safety standards.

The guidance is provided in an editable Microsoft Word document format allowing the user to add any local variations their particular organisation may have.

The guidance document is available on request from the NASC, via enquiries@nasc.org.uk

Thank you Gents for the replys.
I have the nasc doc with permission to publish. I managd to write the web page last night with out ruling out the smaller companys.
There are a lot of great little scaffolding contractors out there that are bashing away at houses/little extentions etc that are not NASC or members of this and that but still put up safe tidy work and do so in a safe manner.

Got a Question for you gents. Is there anything that you think should be put on a scaffolding website that is not already there ? it could be one off them silly rules that the saftey man pulls you on or even something that could be of interest to another scaffolder/scaffolding contractor or something that builders/householders etc might find useful when looking for a scaffolding company.

Many Thanks
Max

a brief but to the point note explaing exactly how scaffold is erected and dismantled and what to expect when the contractors arrive at their property, some plants will im afraid get flattened 21 ft tubes are heavy and awkward to manouver while in pristine gardens with 48 gnomes watching you from behind30 plant pots trying to avoid sky dish and telephone wires, so it would be helpful if possibly obstructions are removed, any valuable or important plants are protected or dug up an re planted.

this would help solve lots of issues

Aom war cry....................move it or loose it.:cool:

Top Bottom