Really confused?? lol

fastfix

Reaction score
Hi all me and my freind are have started a scaffold company we a have a tranny but thinking of getting a wagon he has a c-1 licence can we go get one or are we going to get problems i.e test and stuff=£££ thanks for reading cheers

Far as I know, and I'm no expert...

A lorry over a transit, lorries will require regular servicing which you need a record of, you need a minimum amount of money in your company account, need an operating license too.... there's a lot more to it than a transit.

Oh and VOSA just LOVE to pull over scaffolding wagons.

lol i heard their right b*****S what sort of money we talking whe have a good deph at the mo but we are still new so trying to work out which way is best i mean i am looking at going into to commercials as soon pos will trannies be enuff if we are getting a lot of big jobs

brlliant and just one more why does driver need the o licence because he has been driving for another company in a 7.5 b4 thanks for the comments and please excuse my s***t hand writting thanks

the O licence is for the company and the lorry not the driver , it will need 8 week checks , servicing at least once a year , insuring , taxing , a 7.5 tonne lorry will cost you around £8K to put on the road and somewhere around £4k a year to keep on the road

18 tonners are the biz if you've got big jobs,exspensive though,the road tax alone is £650 a year,7.5t is not worth a w*nk,a descent gang will empty it in a couple of hours,you'll waste time and money sending it back to the yard to reload all the time,but if your only starting out then get the biggest your budget will allow,and good luck;)

18 tonners are the biz if you've got big jobs,exspensive though,the road tax alone is £650 a year,7.5t is not worth a w*nk,a descent gang will empty it in a couple of hours,you'll waste time and money sending it back to the yard to reload all the time,but if your only starting out then get the biggest your budget will allow,and good luck;)

aye ad empty the 18 in a couple of hours an all lol :d

for operator licence alone you need 8k in company account for 3 months and trading steady. you need contract with garage for 6 weekly check and record kept of it. if you go for unrestricted operators licence you need a transport manager. restricted you dont. its a load of ball ache mate if you only need it for couple of jobs consider a hire untill you really have to

If you're hiring gear Generation will deliver and collect cheaper than it would cost you in diesel.

go & hire a 7.5 tonner,see how you get on with the setup youve got.

if you hire a wagon do you still need an ops licence ? if not who does the hire companie?

Don't think you need one the hire company has them otherwise how does average joe who hires one to move house get on

You def need olicence to hire wagon

Unless you give it the need to pick something up for the house script

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.euro-scaff.co.uk

They wont hire you a wagon regardless of what it's for,with no o license,and then you've got to inform your traffic office and change one of your existing discs to the hire vehicle.

Top Bottom