ready lock

marra watson

Reaction score
ort lads if you had to build a bird cage 12ft by 12ft 3 lifts every lift boarded would you use tube and fit or would you use ready lock with 2 independent and trannys thrown over. supose this only applies to the useres of ready lock

To be honest marra the boy's quite often get on to me for being too old school and go to the tube and fit rack a bit too quickly when there is plenty scope and availability of system but I would build it as a 12 foot square with tube, simple.

my thoughts exactly tube and fitting every 1 eles in the company wants t do eveyr thin in readylocks,bird cage loadingbays splays, and a deantae no go with the system i h8 it great for straight runs, eveyr job looks better in tube than it does in ready locks yeha it quicker and easier but getting boring lol

I reckon I would do it quicker in tube than system. 12 foot ledger and 12 foot transom, system is not always quicker.

my thoughts exactly tube and fitting every 1 eles in the company wants t do eveyr thin in readylocks,bird cage loadingbays splays, and a deantae no go with the system i h8 it great for straight runs, eveyr job looks better in tube than it does in ready locks yeha it quicker and easier but getting boring lol

Its exactly how i feel using layher

2.4m x 2.4m + 2 board bracket on both sides with 2brd cornr bit does for 12ft in cuplok.

3 lifts 2 men 1.5hrs each

the answer is do you want enjoy what you're doing or enjoy the money?

Sounds a bit rough to me like Boman. If it was cuplok and room allowed I would have used 3 2.4m and 1.3m bays side by side, hop ups and corner fillers seem a bit shabby unless obstacles require there use. Still think I would do it in tube enjoy my day and get a descent hourly rate for doing it.:cool:

point taken aom,

system is rough, make it fit and run on.

as i said enjoy one or the other.

Nice to know I'm not the only tube n fitting dinosaur out there.
From the old Yellow Peril to Cuplock n Layher I hate em all!!
Aom do Ya prefer tube n fit cos it enables Ya to play wi Ya new toy? lol

If you've got three ready locks to hand,then why not use them to kick the job off,then do the rest in tube and fitting,best of both worlds:cool:

if it was layher it would be 1 bay 1.07 by 1.07 then come of right angles with 2.57bay lenght again by 1.07 and then fill in with 2.57 to make a square. leave you about an inch and half short all round but the rings on layher will be that

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

If you've got three ready locks to hand,then why not use them to kick the job off,then do the rest in tube and fitting,best of both worlds:cool:

more gear would go in to that thow bf 6 ft bays by 6ft bays =9 standards
kicking it off with only 1 indadendant using ready lock would make you have an 8ft bay with 9 standards to reduce the bay you would then need 12 standards also with two indapendant with ready lock throw over makes you use 12 standards and at 6ft bays /73 inch centres get 8 board wide in bth ways if need be 9 standards

if it was layher it would be 1 bay 1.07 by 1.07 then come of right angles with 2.57bay lenght again by 1.07 and then fill in with 2.57 to make a square. leave you about an inch and half short all round but the rings on layher will be that

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

more gear would go in to that thow bf 6 ft bays by 6ft bays =9 standards
kicking it off with only 1 indadendant using ready lock would make you have an 8ft bay with 9 standards to reduce the bay you would then need 12 standards also with two indapendant with ready lock throw over makes you use 12 standards and at 6ft bays /73 inch centres get 8 board wide in bth ways if need be 9 standards

Lol,marra,what does your drawing show?there's the answer:idea:

ort lads if you had to build a bird cage 12ft by 12ft 3 lifts every lift boarded would you use tube and fit or would you use ready lock with 2 independent and trannys thrown over. supose this only applies to the useres of ready lock

Would that only be one working lift at 100% of load rating.:blink1:

fek knows just know it was 12ft/13ft bird cage 3 working lift tanimal, no drawing as far aw am aware bf loading wagon for the bird cage never put any ready lock on when another gang comes in and we finish off loading it wonders why i havent put any on and was frowned at by the 3 of them lol ahahah

Nice to know I'm not the only tube n fitting dinosaur out there.
From the old Yellow Peril to Cuplock n Layher I hate em all!!
Aom do Ya prefer tube n fit cos it enables Ya to play wi Ya new toy? lol

The new toy does make a big difference but to be honest I have always just felt tube was quicker on some jobs, this being one of them. One big square, no hemps and pretty tidy. I never really could not be fecked with 1.07 bays, don't even know how big that is but 12 foot square is talking my language.

Still are at Aom, who the feck knows what a paddy is in metric?

Well, who over the age of 40?

Top Bottom