Ready Lock Transoms

Corinth 1

Reaction score
Does the Ready Lock transom do away with all the ledger bracing

its down to the spec on the drawing,when i was using them we always used to put bracing in so i would no it dosent do away with the bracing

scaff

send me a fax number or an email address and I will sent you some paperwork about the tran units

we called them dog bones sgb used to use loads and we were always told you didnt need ledger bracing this was at pizers kent and the safety was quite stricked at the time dont wana go over olde threads but i suppose you need it now its 2013 the year of the changes lol!!

They need to be tied every 4m2 if you don't brace them,bag of jelly otherwise;)

Does the Ready Lock transom do away with all the ledger bracing

Morning Corinth,
As mentioned above there are many posts on this subject; however, I have pasted below a response had previously made and still stand by:

"There is as far as I can tell NO adequate data on the subject to allow the omission of ledger bracing.
The claim that ledger bracing was not required predates my time in the industry (1974) there were no tests carried out to prove the claim and no "adequate" tests since.
The advent of TG20 removed the latitude given to such products and tests and evidence were called for.
I am given to believe that there is some inclusion in the yet to be released TG20:13.
The original data for Readylok was as follows:
Ledger bracing could be omitted for un-sheeted scaffolds up to 30m
ALL sheeted scaffolds would need to be braced or adequately tied (every lift every line)
Scaffolds above 30 m could be braced at the lower levels allowing the top 30m to be unbraced.

Remember at this time Readylok does not fall within the guidelines of TG20.
You will need a design for anything outside of the limited coverage of TG20
regards"

With the above said, I understand that TG20:13 will include Readylok but I also believe this will not change the statement above.

It is also worth noting that whilst for many years Generation have claimed bracing is not required which they say they had proved by test (and I have disputed their claims many times on this forum). Generation have now in face withdrawn their claims.

I repeat there is no adequate information to prove either in test or calculation that Readylok does not require bracing.

Use the search facility you will find many posts on this subject.

Good luck with this
Alan

what do you think of putlog alan be interesting i personaly think its dated and had its day but its still taught on the cisrs course

what do you think of putlog alan be interesting i personaly think its dated and had its day but its still taught on the cisrs course

Whilst it has always had it's place, I have never been a fan and also think its had its day.

Top Bottom