rates of pay

benjo0211

Reaction score
I'm about to apply for a job with what seems to be a big firm in yorkshire and they say the rate of pay is to the national scaffolders guide rates, does anyone know what this is

They work on the pylon crossing a fair bit but the money isn't anything to write home about

should be min of 12.50 ph good luck but depends on what cards u have

Last edited:
You'll be lucky think the pay about £90 a day for local and about £120 a day to work away from what I've been told never worked for them myself though

Rates of pay for Scaffolders SHOULD BE (per 8 hour day):

Labourer: £70-£80.
Part 1: £90-£100.
Part 2: £110-£130.
Advanced: £140-£150+.

Ofcourse, theres Part 2 Scaffolders are ARE as good as Advanced and Labourers who can fix as a Part 1 and so on, but you catch my drift??

Thats what most Chippies and Sparkies get and thats also what we should get at the least, instead of paying us what they would a trainee Sparky would get... :confused:

The CIJC rate for a scaffolder is £10.46 per hour, plus expenses,holiday pay etc. Any bonus on top is outside of the Working Rule agreement and is at the firms discretion.

£13/£16, an hour for advanced,is what they paying were i live,(midlands),depending on who you are,and who you work for,if you no what i mean.

You'll be lucky think the pay about £90 a day for local and about £120 a day to work away from what I've been told never worked for them myself though

A couple pals of mine worked for them around Norwich way in the summer. The rates quoted by. Scaff369 sound about right there was also weekend work and they paid digs and supplied transport , think my pals said they had a lot of work coming up in the north east area in 2012

Rates not the best but ok for bang bang Layer I think ! Also paid for Layer and BESC tickets but deduct course fees if you jack .

don't do it, worked for them on and off for 4 years. was great when teale ran it. Not now though, don't get paid on time, get treat like sh*t, get sent to one end of the country only to be told that you are indeed needed at the other end of the country and don't get paid for travel, they promise this that and the other and NEVER stick to it. I could go on and on and on and on ......

Ste

Top Bottom