Rams for tower Balfour Beaty

guymac

Reaction score
Can any one help me with Rams for two small towers on a Balfour Beaty site , had the 3 hour induction now need to submit Rams . Also how do I get around using ladders as they are prohibited on this site . I need to allow access to third lift to allow customer to fit new cameras . Can get a ladder permit but I wonder what Balfour will allow us to use them for . Any help gladly taken.

Stairs are becoming more and more the norm these days , i would write the RAMS as best i could and submit them , let them reject them and then ask what specifics are missing as what you have written is normally accepted on most sites you work on. Trouble is ALL companys want them different

We had the same a few years back and had to build a few stair towers for them. When they asked us to fit the perimeter hand rail at the first storey level I knew they would want us to do it from towers or a MEWP but the ground conditions were horrendous and we would have been as well just building a perimeter scaffold. I just did as Phil has mentioned, my normal risk assessment for fitting the butts off a ladder which was footed by a 2nd person all the time then up top on the harness and a few boards off the steel. You probably wouldn't get away with that now or maybe you would if your documents were right enough. The only other way is offer the stair access but triple the price that usually does the trick.

ya gonna have to use stairs marra onyl way round it is for example shuttering on the bridge we done recently only allowed around 4ft by 6 internal of the pillar so there was no chance of a staircase but they had to send of weeks inadvances for the ladder permit so basical youll only be able to use a ladder if it not practically possible ie no space for the stair case gl

Can any one help me with Rams for two small towers on a Balfour Beaty site , had the 3 hour induction now need to submit Rams . Also how do I get around using ladders as they are prohibited on this site . I need to allow access to third lift to allow customer to fit new cameras . Can get a ladder permit but I wonder what Balfour will allow us to use them for . Any help gladly taken.

Why have you even taken the job on???????????
Surely your company has at least a generic RAM's!!!
Doing a job for a Company of that size you should have known they would require them.
Did they not stipulate on there enquiry about the ladder situation?????????
With the cost of even hiring a staircase best bet is to cut and run

Top Bottom